Rhino Ramps okay?

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
I am a pair of Rhino ramps, the ones for cars not for trucks, and I am wondering if the CTR would scrap the front lip when it goes up, either going up with the front or backing up with the rear?

I don't have the car yet so I can't really tell. if people here can show me that it's doable, then I'd sleep better at nights ;-)
Sponsored

Last edited:

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
For the frontend will not work at all. The rear is fine . I have a set.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I use these tiny little ramps from Race Ramps to see where the front jack point is, then I use a long reach floor jack, then set the car on a couple wheel cribs also from Race Ramps, I’ll take a picture for you when I get home.

LoganP

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R #2338 (SOLD) - 2020 Honda Civic Type-R #XXXX (In Production)
Country flag
I ended up using some 2x4s to raise my car a few inches higher, this allowed the front lip to clear the ramps & it was an easy process from there. Just make sure to use the same 2x4s when coming down off the ramps ;)

mmm def

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 CTR, 13 GS350
Country flag
Yep you'll just need a 2x4 to raise the front lip to clear.

Giovader

First Name
Gio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX (FK7)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am a pair of Rhino ramps, the ones for cars not for trucks, and I am wondering if the CTR would scrap the front lip when it goes up, either going up with the front or backing up with the rear?

I don't have the car yet so I can't really tell. if people here can show me that it's doable, then I'd sleep better at nights ;-)
I used them yesterday when I was installing my yellow fog lights. I thought it was going to clear it perfectly but it did drag a little but nothing major. I was thinking of getting a front lip for my hatch but if I do then the ramps are out of the question for future work.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A little pricer but we utilize race ramps around the shop because of the flexibility in heights.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Could always do something like this. You could make the ramps much longer so that it gradually increases and should clear. Buddy of mine has this for his E36, etc.

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
If we have 2 jacks, would it be possible to jack up on the front center and then slide in the Rhino ramps? It kinda defeat the purpose of my ramps, but hey I already got them in garage, and it'd be better to have the car sitting on a pair of ramps than on a pair of jack stands, right?

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
If we have 2 jacks, would it be possible to jack up on the front center and then slide in the Rhino ramps? It kinda defeat the purpose of my ramps, but hey I already got them in garage, and it'd be better to have the car sitting on a pair of ramps than on a pair of jack stands, right?
No sweat getting on the ramps, at least on my hatchback LX (standard rhino ramps).

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
I use a couple 2X10s to raise it up enough for a jack to get to the front jack point. Then jack stands for me.
I've not heard of ramps being better for the car than jack stands. A lift would use the same jack points that the jack stands hit. Also, I'm usually rotating tires at the same time I'm doing anything else so ramps wouldn't work for me. I am curious what's wrong with jack stands though

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I use a couple 2X10s to raise it up enough for a jack to get to the front jack point. Then jack stands for me.
I've not heard of ramps being better for the car than jack stands. A lift would use the same jack points that the jack stands hit. Also, I'm usually rotating tires at the same time I'm doing anything else so ramps wouldn't work for me. I am curious what's wrong with jack stands though
I think EnjoyDriving meant for reliability and ease, for something simple like changing oil, you can just jack front up on one side and stick the ramp under, and then jack up other side and stick ramp under, that way no need to worry about lifting form center and putting 2 jack stands at once. Ramps in some sense are less likely to fail if used in manner above. Less stories of a ramp failing than jack stand failing. I'm terrified of the day I will need to use jack stands, what is the best type to use, and how do you know its safe besides pushing the car hard when they are under car?
Are at least 3 ton with safety pin the best? Or go with 6ton?

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
You can just use one jack and jack up front driver jack up point, and stick ramp under front driver tire, then do passenger side same way, 1 jack, 2 ramps. Nothing wrong with this method. And depends what you are working on if you would need jack stands or not, obviously anything involving taking tires off would require jack stands.
Sponsored