shaylarz

First Name
Shayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I've finally broken my habit of getting brand new cars and jumped into a pre-owned 2016 Civic EX-T. My options were a black one or a white one (I really wanted a dark gray one but the dealer did not have one and I wanted to jump on their lifetime powertrain warranty before it ended so my options were limited.)

I opted for the black one because of the darker interior. Kind of wishing I had gone with the white, but alas...

She's only got 36K miles on her, and I want to get it looking as close to new as possible. There are a few scratches and the dreaded paint swirl marks. I picked up the OEM touch up paint from my dealership and I intend to give the interior a full on shampooing.

Is there anything else I can do? There are fine scratches on the infotainment system and the plastic trim pieces inside, the good ol scuff marks on the door, a dent in the roof that I think could be easily popped out (looks like a basketball hit it or something) and the cloth door trim materials are a bit dirty. I'm willing to take it to a detailer, but I also need things to do to keep me from wasting my time on the couch, so I'm happy to do some things on my own. I live in an apartment so I don't have access to a hose. I do park it in my garage every night.

Any products or advice or questions to ask a detailer sought! This is my second Civic and probably my favorite car I've driven since my old falling apart 1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport. I actually chose the Civic over another Jeep.
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Congrats on your civic in my opinion the civic is a better choice over the jeep

suignafrozar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I'm in the same situation as you. I have a black 2016 EX-L that I bought two weeks ago. The interior looks good, but the paint has some clear coat scratches that are resistant to the scratch remover I tried. I think I will just get the outside detailed with some protective coat and think about a long term fix later.

What about replacing your halogen headlight bulbs with LEDs? There's a video on youtube by "Import Car Enthusiast" called "Morimoto H11 LED Install". Seems like it's not too hard.

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
it won't look stock but there there are many inexpensive panel covers/stick-ons available for 10th gen civics.
This includes panels for center console, parts of the dashboard, parts of the door, back/center cup holder, and leather covers for center compartments.

I am not sure how to remedy the scratches in the infotainment screen, but if it is just on the gray line, they have aftermarket panel cover/stick-ons on that too.
Sponsored