NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have the lockout issue too with my spec clutch. i just adjusted my pedal about all the way up and the lockout almost went away completely. feels better on take off too.
It will take some adjustment here and there to dial it in. I get a hesitation more than a lockout at around 6K RPM. If I no-lift-shift, I don't have the issue.
Sponsored

Shiberu

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It will take some adjustment here and there to dial it in. I get a hesitation more than a lockout at around 6K RPM. If I no-lift-shift, I don't have the issue.
i spoke too soon, it started to lock again the next time i drove, so i readjusted it. better than before, but still not perfect. and NLS is really the best way to go about speed shifting. i don’t know why, but it just works

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
i spoke too soon, it started to lock again the next time i drove, so i readjusted it. better than before, but still not perfect. and NLS is really the best way to go about speed shifting. i don’t know why, but it just works
Agree on the NLS. Hesitant to try it 1-2 though

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How do you have your pedal set? Mine sits about an inch higher than the brake pedal

Shiberu

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
How do you have your pedal set? Mine sits about an inch higher than the brake pedal
there’s about a thread or two on the ends of each bolt. basically where it was before i even touched anything

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
Best clutch thread yet...dang it I wish it were more cut and dry...started slipping today. On to more reading!

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
Best clutch thread yet...dang it I wish it were more cut and dry...started slipping today. On to more reading!
The Spec lockouts have been fixed by upgrading the CMC. They are selling a wilwood cmc for I believe $240 and people have reported it making the clutch significantly stiffer than before the CMC upgrade. Good or bad thing, that's up to your taste.

People have been running the Clutch masters kit w flywheel with no real major issues. It has been noted to have some chatter in first gear and reverse at low rpm. It is moderately stiffer than stock but people with it seem to love it saying things like this is how the factory clutch should feel or it's perfectly daily-able.

There is also the type R retrofit which seems to give significant holding power as well as a stock softness to the clutch. This needs to be ordered from Eman and can take a while for it to come as I believe it's a 1 man operation.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Spec lockouts have been fixed by upgrading the CMC. They are selling a wilwood cmc for I believe $240 and people have reported it making the clutch significantly stiffer than before the CMC upgrade. Good or bad thing, that's up to your taste.

People have been running the Clutch masters kit w flywheel with no real major issues. It has been noted to have some chatter in first gear and reverse at low rpm. It is moderately stiffer than stock but people with it seem to love it saying things like this is how the factory clutch should feel or it's perfectly daily-able.

There is also the type R retrofit which seems to give significant holding power as well as a stock softness to the clutch. This needs to be ordered from Eman and can take a while for it to come as I believe it's a 1 man operation.
All correct except the cmc upgrade is $120 from spec if you have purchased their clutch and flywheel

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
All correct except the cmc upgrade is $120 from spec if you have purchased their clutch and flywheel
But that doesn’t benefit anyone in the market for a clutch now... spec won’t sell them the discounted cmc if they didn’t buy a clutch beforehand.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
But that doesn’t benefit anyone in the market for a clutch now... spec won’t sell them the discounted cmc if they didn’t buy a clutch beforehand.
Yeah, anyone it experiencing shifting problems should benefit.

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
They wont benefit from the discounted pricing.............. :doh:
Why would they discount the CMC if you didn't purchase the equipment from them? That's like saying Michelin should discount their own tires because the OEM tires suck.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why would they discount the CMC if you didn't purchase the equipment from them? That's like saying Michelin should discount their own tires because the OEM tires suck.
Yeah i don’t know what his angle was. Obviously discount only applies if you bought the spec product lol

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah i don’t know what his angle was. Obviously discount only applies if you bought the spec product lol
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something:

Based on what I've seen, after spec released thier clutch and flywheel people started having lockout problems at higher rpms. Eventually spec figured out that the stock cmc could not handle the kit and started offering the wildwood cmc to the initial buyers at a reduced cost and ONLY if you reach out to them. Anyone who purchased this after the initial sales were to pay the full price.
Sponsored