First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Type R retro is the best out rn over 13 people have it already with no issue. Supporting power over 400whp easy.
can purchase as a kit? someone on the forums installs it as well it seems?
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
can purchase as a kit? someone on the forums installs it as well it seems?
Anyone or shop can install clutch/flywheel if you know how to lol. Yes you can purchase as a kit if he has cores available and ready to go but would have to DM him on Facebook for quickest reply to know more.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone or shop can install clutch/flywheel if you know how to lol. Yes you can purchase as a kit if he has cores available and ready to go but would have to DM him on Facebook for quickest reply to know more.
If i could get the kit i would be installing it myself. I was asking about the member that actively installs them, or makes them. You're talking about Eman, yes? I have no Facebook, guess I should jump on that bandwagon someday...

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If i could get the kit i would be installing it myself. I was asking about the member that actively installs them, or makes them. You're talking about Eman, yes? I have no Facebook, guess I should jump on that bandwagon someday...
Eman is the only one who can make them as others have no knowledge of it for the Type R Retrofit. His Civicx username is @k20z3allmotor but not sure if he checks up on here.

cameljockey1

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So it did it to me this morning. 3rd to 4th gear. I also still have my CDV in tacked still. Me and my brother tried getting the ring off that day we did the clutch and flywheel install. But we said forget it, because it was saturday and late and did not want to break it. I bought a used one off of ebay and will try it on that one. I also found a video and within the first 30 40 seconds in the video he answered my question and as the video goes on answered more questions. @NoKz

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
I'm looking to upgrade clutch after tsp 2 tune. I'm thinking spec stage 4 also, if not FX400. Seem to fit the bill and inexpensive. Not opposed to spending more but what more might I gain? Is flywheel worth it? If I did i would definitely go heavier steel not aluminum so is there really much to gain for another $350? Spec vs CM, different models, differences, thoughts? Thanks.
There are definitely still gains with the steel flywheel but the main reason we recommend it is that it's required for use with the clutch kit. The proprietary interface that SPEC has designed is what allows the significant increase in power handling without sacrificing street comfort.

k20z3allmotor

First Name
emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
330whp HBRP FA5 8th, 16 CRZ 6spd ex, 17 rallye red Si sedan
Country flag
It's hard to explain it other than saying the tach needle on the dash doesn't keep up with the car, but the KTuner did for some reason. I'm not sure if it was just an issue that the specific car that I had a chance to drive with the CTR retrofit had, but the needle definitely lagged behind. So I'm trying to figure out if it was just an issue with how his clutch was installed, if it's an issue specific to the CTR retrofitted clutch setup, or if any lightweight SMF will cause this issue as the owner claims.
The stock tach is just slow, u have a lighter flywheel it’s going to lag just flooring it in neutral, the tach is not in anyway connected to the flywheel nor does it get data from it to give engine speed. We used to hit the rev limiter at the track with the dual mass flywheel and fx400 in 1st and 2nd on slicks because it would hit redline so fast. Blame Honda lol

OP
OP
NoKz

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question for you and a request @NoKz :

Concerning the lighter flywheel, do you have to review out the car substantially more for a launch or find that it takes a lot more to keep the car from bogging down off the line or does it seem to be pretty well suited to the engine w/o a lot of throttle adjustment?

I would be very grateful if you would make and post a rev at idle, with revs falling back to idle to see/hear how the engine is with the light flywheel. I'd like to compare it in real time to my rev-hang disabled car. Thanks!

OP
OP
NoKz

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question for you and a request @NoKz :

Concerning the lighter flywheel, do you have to review out the car substantially more for a launch or find that it takes a lot more to keep the car from bogging down off the line or does it seem to be pretty well suited to the engine w/o a lot of throttle adjustment?

I would be very grateful if you would make and post a rev at idle, with revs falling back to idle to see/hear how the engine is with the light flywheel. I'd like to compare it in real time to my rev-hang disabled car. Thanks!
I don't really launch the car, but I do have to rev a little higher when taking off from a stop. Once I do take off, the car seems to rev a tad faster. There is quite a difference though going from stock w/rev hang to my setup. I get in the wife's stock Si and good lord it's like having to learn how to drive all over again.

I can get you a video a bit later this evening. :thumbsup:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't really launch the car, but I do have to rev a little higher when taking off from a stop. Once I do take off, the car seems to rev a tad faster. There is quite a difference though going from stock w/rev hang to my setup. I get in the wife's stock Si and good lord it's like having to learn how to drive all over again.

I can get you a video a bit later this evening. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like it's decently matched. I've never experienced it first hand, but have heard that excessively light flywheels are tough to launch/take off from a stop because the engine doesn't have the stored up energy to keep from nearly stalling while the transmission comes up to speed. Since it was such a heavy OEM flywheel and a small engine, I wasn't sure how well it worked out.

Looking forward to the video. Much appreciated!

OP
OP
NoKz

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like it's decently matched. I've never experienced it first hand, but have heard that excessively light flywheels are tough to launch/take off from a stop because the engine doesn't have the stored up energy to keep from nearly stalling while the transmission comes up to speed. Since it was such a heavy OEM flywheel and a small engine, I wasn't sure how well it worked out.

Looking forward to the video. Much appreciated!
Well keep in mind that I went with the Steel version and not the Aluminum version. So it's not as light as it could be.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well keep in mind that I went with the Steel version and not the Aluminum version. So it's not as light as it could be.
Good to know. I'll keep an eye out for someone with an aluminum one and maybe they'll do the same sometime. Even if it's lighter, steel may still very well be a better fit for the engine or my driving style. I'd just love it if it revs would fall substantially faster between gears.

OP
OP
NoKz

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good to know. I'll keep an eye out for someone with an aluminum one and maybe they'll do the same sometime. Even if it's lighter, steel may still very well be a better fit for the engine or my driving style. I'd just love it if it revs would fall substantially faster between gears.
@IvanJonn has the Aluminum FW. Maybe he can do a video as well.