Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Review: KTuner X TunerView AB76455D-AC2B-478C-A62B-DE16AD0FB919
So I had the pleasure to install my KTuner V1.2 and bought an Amazon Fire 7 tablet (I have an iPhone and needed the GooglePlay app) downloaded with TunerView this weekend. All I can say is...thank you @KTuner and @Linszter for a great collaboration on getting that needed tune with visuals for a reasonable price.
KTuner V1.2 = $449
Amazon Fire 7 = $50
TunerView = $5

Loaded the stage 2 and went for a drive. It’s forever life changing. Lol. So if you 10th gen owners haven’t made the move yet, it’s time.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice review. How do you have that fire tablet secured? It is a nice size but I hate to block the vents.

OP
OP
Erick.FK8

Erick.FK8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice review. How do you have that fire tablet secured? It is a nice size but I hate to block the vents.
I recently bought the Scosche Magnetic Dash Mount and it holds fairly well. I now have it resting above the hazard symbol. So it covers halfway of the vents but still get a good amount of air coming through. The pic was just to show that the Fire 7 connects fine with the KTuner X TunerView app.

ankhaw

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I recently bought the Scosche Magnetic Dash Mount and it holds fairly well. I now have it resting above the hazard symbol. So it covers halfway of the vents but still get a good amount of air coming through. The pic was just to show that the Fire 7 connects fine with the KTuner X TunerView app.
That is a really cool setup! Dunno if it would work for me, living in Texas, we need all the air conditioning vents we can get! :)

OP
OP
Erick.FK8

Erick.FK8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Review: KTuner X TunerView 84AF2359-7201-443C-AF18-F0007C1AECEB
That is a really cool setup! Dunno if it would work for me, living in Texas, we need all the air conditioning vents we can get! :)
Here’s my latest setup; front and back. So I get enough cool air with this setup.;)

Moab23

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
84AF2359-7201-443C-AF18-F0007C1AECEB.jpeg

Here’s my latest setup; front and back. So I get enough cool air with this setup.;)
Hows that setup holding up for ya. I’m at the point where I need a ktuner but V2 are still missing in action. Feedback on usability and performance with fire tablet would be appreciated. Thanks

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
AB76455D-AC2B-478C-A62B-DE16AD0FB919.jpeg
So I had the pleasure to install my KTuner V1.2 and bought an Amazon Fire 7 tablet (I have an iPhone and needed the GooglePlay app) downloaded with TunerView this weekend. All I can say is...thank you @KTuner and @Linszter for a great collaboration on getting that needed tune with visuals for a reasonable price.
KTuner V1.2 = $449
Amazon Fire 7 = $50
TunerView = $5

Loaded the stage 2 and went for a drive. It’s forever life changing. Lol. So if you 10th gen owners haven’t made the move yet, it’s time.
Awesome. How smooth are the animations? Is the data refreshed in real time?

I'm trying to convince myself to sell my V2 and get a V1.2 to leave plugged in all the time for constant Head Unit monitoring.

OP
OP
Erick.FK8

Erick.FK8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hows that setup holding up for ya. I’m at the point where I need a ktuner but V2 are still missing in action. Feedback on usability and performance with fire tablet would be appreciated. Thanks
I added a different adhesive for the holder. With this velcro style setup, it holds it better since there is car vibration when driving. The fire tablet works well. Connects to the bluetooth once car is on (charger cable is always plugged in).

Honda Civic 10th gen Review: KTuner X TunerView 306790F5-0486-4CCA-8F8D-39BB77E8C2BA

OP
OP
Erick.FK8

Erick.FK8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome. How smooth are the animations? Is the data refreshed in real time?

I'm trying to convince myself to sell my V2 and get a V1.2 to leave plugged in all the time for constant Head Unit monitoring.
Animations are good. No glitches or anything bad. Some slight pixelation images but overall it’s good.

rylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
I just wonder if I use the head unit for monitoring, do I still need to the android tablet for monitoring?

Chicago425

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The compatible head units can be used for monitoring instead of an external tablet.[/QUOTE

If I want to use Tunerview via my head unit, do I need to keep my V2 plugged at all times?