Reverse, Brake, Turn Signals OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinderC

I’m not sure how it wouldn’t fit si. As I believe the bulbs are the same.honestly though if you can afford a type r money isn’t really an issue for you so you can ignore my advice. However their are far more people with budget constraints that are being scammed into buying $45 LEDs when their are $5 LEDs that work just as well. I hate that. People shouldn’t have to buy overpriced car parts because they believe it’s the only one. I will never buy from a “sponsor” of this forum because it’s usually some guy in his garage producing at extremely high costs. I’ll purchase from a lower cost producer.
Your going to buy the cheapest shit items available.... lol, quality isn’t important eh?
Maybe you should have purchased a Sunfire....

The sponsor “TypeRLEDs” isn’t “garbage, garbage is this shit you buy.... the “lower cost producer” as you say.
Unreal.....
Sponsored

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
CA allows amber flashing, not red.
WA allows both
From CA's vehicle code section I posted... Any stoplamp or supplemental stoplamp required or permitted by Section 24603 may be equipped so as to flash not more than four times within the first four seconds after actuation by application of the brakes.

A stoplamp is the red brake light.

And I can't find anything in the WA vehicle code that actually allows flashing brake lights. I believe you, but it's annoying to not find something that explicitly says it's allowed.

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
From CA's vehicle code section I posted... Any stoplamp or supplemental stoplamp required or permitted by Section 24603 may be equipped so as to flash not more than four times within the first four seconds after actuation by application of the brakes.

A stoplamp is the red brake light.
It allows brake lights to flash no more than 4x within the first 4s of activation, so unless there's an internal gate switch with a timer that only allows the LED light to flash 4x within the first 4s of activation, such a light would be illegal and drivers will be pulled over for mimicking an emergency vehicle
  • Law enforcement agencies take emergency vehicle mimicry seriously and the driver will likely not be given a warning, but a ticket for doing so.
And I can't find anything in the WA vehicle code that actually allows flashing brake lights.
You're right. Generally speaking, if it's not in the law, the law cannot be used to disallow something, as in order for something to be illegal, it must be contained within a law or city ordinance.

I believe you, but it's annoying to not find something that explicitly says it's allowed.
No one person should be believed when it comes to laws, as all should fact check for themselves what the law actually says, and when clarification is needed, one should reach out to the proper governmental agency for clarification.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Your going to buy the cheapest shit items available.... lol, quality isn’t important eh?
Maybe you should have purchased a Sunfire....

The sponsor “TypeRLEDs” isn’t “garbage, garbage is this shit you buy.... the “lower cost producer” as you say.
Unreal.....
Lots of forum members have used TypeR LEDs and are satisfied but they’re most likely repackaged bulbs anyone can buy off Amazon. Look at the packaging it’s literally bulbs in an anti static bag with an Avery label. They work yes but there’s no R&D behind it like a Philip bulb.

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
Lots of forum members have used TypeR LEDs and are satisfied but they’re most likely repackaged bulbs anyone can buy off Amazon. Look at the packaging it’s literally bulbs in an anti-static bag with an Avery label. They work yes but there’s no R&D behind it like a Philip bulb.
Might I suggest fact checking your [factually inaccurate] assertions.

R&D has been done by TypeRLEDs for their bulb's PCBs and they've even posted photos of the R&D work on the PCB components.
  • As I mentioned previously, you're not paying for the LEDs (LEDs themselves are cheap, but cannot run on a vehicle without the proper PCB components & circuitry), you're paying for the PCB component and circuitry engineering, of which includes transformers, capacitors, diodes, resistors, transistors, inverters, and relays (for turn signal bulbs).

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
It allows brake lights to flash no more than 4x within the first 4s of activation, so unless there's an internal gate switch with a timer that only allows the LED light to flash 4x within the first 4s of activation, such a light would be illegal and drivers will be pulled over for mimicking an emergency vehicle
  • Law enforcement agencies take emergency vehicle mimicry seriously and the driver will likely not be given a warning, but a ticket for doing so.
That's specifically what I'm looking for, which is what TypeRLED mentioned they would be producing. I would immediately bow out if it was a consistent flash, because that is obviously in the territory of 'emergency vehicle' flashing lights land.

You're right. Generally speaking, if it's not in the law, the law cannot be used to disallow something, as in order for something to be illegal, it must be contained within a law or city ordinance.

No one person should be believed when it comes to laws, as all should fact check for themselves what the law actually says, and when clarification is needed, one should reach out to the proper governmental agency for clarification.
Agreed. I plan on asking around to see if it's explicitly disallowed (possibly in the emergency vehicle section), or how to request that it is put into the vehicle codes. There's SO many new vehicles with flashing 3rd brake lights here in Seattle (pulse 2-4 times) that I'm sure there's got to be some discussion on it.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Might I suggest fact checking your [factually inaccurate] assertions.

R&D has been done by TypeRLEDs for their bulb's PCBs and they've even posted photos of the R&D work on the PCB components.
  • As I mentioned previously, you're not paying for the LEDs (LEDs themselves are cheap, but cannot run on a vehicle without the proper PCB components & circuitry), you're paying for the PCB component and circuitry engineering, of which includes transformers, capacitors, diodes, resistors, transistors, inverters, and relays (for turn signal bulbs).
The turn signal bulbs on the website look identical to those on Amazon...

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
The turn signal bulbs on the website look identical to those on Amazon...
Simply because an object appears the same as another does not mean it is... something you're quite familiar with (cars, PCs, halogen bulbs, etc.) As I've stated repeatedly, the PCB and it's components are not the same.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

#1 Source for 10thgen LEDs
Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Teaser Video. Stay tuned as we prep for release.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
awesome! can't wait to install these this weekend.

also, for those who worry about flashing brake lights, it tells me you don't own a motorcycle. many bike owners install flashing brake lights and NO cops have pulled me or any of those i know. in fact cops have complemented us for using them on bike because it makes it safer.

with people glued to their damn phones these days and not docked or on bluetooth, i'm not taking any chances of getting rear ended. in fact the general driving rule is to tap your brake and flash a few times to make yourself noticed if someone is following too closely...and like texting of posting on fb.

Teaser Video. Stay tuned as we prep for release.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Simply because an object appears the same as another does not mean it is... something you're quite familiar with (cars, PCs, halogen bulbs, etc.) As I've stated repeatedly, the PCB and it's components are not the same.
exactly! @TypeRLEDs bulbs are NOT at all the same nor are they repackaged whatsoever.

i've watched him lay out his specs for all his bulbs - they're all mfgered to order according to his specs and quality control.

it's funny to read some of the comments here by people who seem to think they know better. they all seem to not understand "moq" or minimum order qty required for custom, made to order products.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
I upgrade my turn signals and interior LEDs with sidemarker LEDs and reverse LEDs AND brake lights LEDs for under $40. The only thing worth buying here is the turn signals with built in resistors. IF it’s legit cause I’ve tried 3 pair of so called anti hyper flash and none of them worked.

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

#1 Source for 10thgen LEDs
Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@TypeRLEDs would appreciate some comments on the 3rd brake light only set up. Thank you.
We are looking into accessing the third brake and what is required. But surely this will be on the list of our next product. Because it'll definitely be nice to have the whole rear flashing in sync.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.