Oni R
First Name
Nevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R, 2018 Honda Clarity, 1988 Prelude Si
Country flag
Thank You! Order has been received. Check your email for Confirmation and Tracking#.

You'll need a plastic pry tool or a towel and a flat head screw driver.

For the map lights. you'll want to push in the cover and slide the tool inside and softly pry it open.
For the Rear Dome/Cabin. you'll see a small creases on the cover. Wedge the tool in to the small crease and the cover should pop right open.

For the Trunk its the same.

All lights are direct plug and play. The Rear dome panel will rest on the cover but will be held securely once the cover is placed.

NOTE: Make sure all lights are OFF during installation.
Perfect! thanks for the explanation. I appreciate it.
Sponsored

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
So we now have people blinding us from the back of the cars in addition to illegal headlights, Great! :yes:
Personally, I'm a fan of bright lights.

If it saves one CTR from the crusher, it was worth the annoyance.

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Civic Type R, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Will the rear LED X lights pop back up on the website while the coupon savings is still active? :)
Sorry the reverse ledx looks good. How easy is it to install? Do you need any special tools? Thx.

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

#1 Source for 10thgen LEDs
Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will the rear LED X lights pop back up on the website while the coupon savings is still active? :)
I'm hoping to get them as soon as possible.
I'll extend the coupon code if I get them later than the 29th.

Sorry the reverse ledx looks good. How easy is it to install? Do you need any special tools? Thx.
It doesn't require any special tools. The LEDs are direct plug and play. The fitment is also flawless.

Installation requires 2 8mm bolts to be removed then you just pull the taillights out.

heybuddy1901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Just want to say I joined the forums to say thanks. Ordered my kit last week and am looking forward to the exterior kit to come.

Thanks!

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just want to say I joined the forums to say thanks. Ordered my kit last week and am looking forward to the exterior kit to come.

Thanks!
Hey buddy!

Thank you!

bamills

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello Everyone and Welcome!

Currently we are in development of some really nice high power LEDs.
Our Reverse LED X were a success.

We are currently working on getting the same high quality, high power build but for the brake light and the turn signals.

The High power LEDs feature 9 CSP LED Chips. 3 pointing to the sides and 3 Pointing straight out. 9 CSP LED total.
IMG_20180310_104459-XL.jpg
'

The Reverse LED X work amazingly due to the design. The strength of our Reverse lights rely on the filament of the reflective housing. We believe the design of our Reverse LED X does this very well. To our surprise we sold out on soft release.
IMG_20180311_002950-XL.jpg

The Reverse LED X will be available around the last week of March.

We wanted to take this design and move it to Turn Signals and Brake Light applications.
Changing the Socket size From T10/T15 to 7440/7443. The difficulty was retaining the LED CSP chip to produce Yellow/Amber and RED.

This is Yellow/Amber. In my opinion we are not quite there yet. This is "too" yellow and not "orange" enough for that amber feel. (Unless we want some 3k JDM Yellow as our rear turn signals?)
mmexport1521208223322-XL.jpg

The color still needs to be worked on and finalized. The resistors will also be built into the drivers. Direct plug and play with no Hyper Flash. :thumbsup::cool:

We also had the same issue with the Brake Light. Red was not dark enough. the CSP chip is a bit tricky to work with. We're not happy with the way RED turned out as it looks a bit "pinkish" but progress is progress.
mmexport1521208226565-XL.jpg

We are shooting for the brake light LED to be finished and finalized sometime in APRIL.

Overall this is the progress we are having here. We wanted to give you guys a few updates about when our turn signals and brake lights will be released.

If you have any questions ask away.

Feed back is always welcomed .

Thanks!

P.S: Reverse LED X will be available in the size BAX9S for the Coupes.:cool::cool:
Turn Signals and Brake LED will also be Available in BA15S for the Coupes
Just ordered the full interior set and reverse bulbs. Looks like a great product! Hoping I don't get stuck with customs fees, as I am in Canada...

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just ordered the full interior set and reverse bulbs. Looks like a great product! Hoping I don't get stuck with customs fees, as I am in Canada...
Thanks! I see your order. I've shipped plenty to Canada and haven't had any issues with customs.

Thanks again!

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
Hello Everyone and Welcome!

Currently we are in development of some really nice high power LEDs.
Our Reverse LED X were a success.

We are currently working on getting the same high quality, high power build but for the brake light and the turn signals.

The High power LEDs feature 9 CSP LED Chips. 3 pointing to the sides and 3 Pointing straight out. 9 CSP LED total.
IMG_20180310_104459-XL.jpg
'

The Reverse LED X work amazingly due to the design. The strength of our Reverse lights rely on the filament of the reflective housing. We believe the design of our Reverse LED X does this very well. To our surprise we sold out on soft release.
IMG_20180311_002950-XL.jpg

The Reverse LED X will be available around the last week of March.

We wanted to take this design and move it to Turn Signals and Brake Light applications.
Changing the Socket size From T10/T15 to 7440/7443. The difficulty was retaining the LED CSP chip to produce Yellow/Amber and RED.

This is Yellow/Amber. In my opinion we are not quite there yet. This is "too" yellow and not "orange" enough for that amber feel. (Unless we want some 3k JDM Yellow as our rear turn signals?)
mmexport1521208223322-XL.jpg

The color still needs to be worked on and finalized. The resistors will also be built into the drivers. Direct plug and play with no Hyper Flash. :thumbsup::cool:

We also had the same issue with the Brake Light. Red was not dark enough. the CSP chip is a bit tricky to work with. We're not happy with the way RED turned out as it looks a bit "pinkish" but progress is progress.
mmexport1521208226565-XL.jpg

We are shooting for the brake light LED to be finished and finalized sometime in APRIL.

Overall this is the progress we are having here. We wanted to give you guys a few updates about when our turn signals and brake lights will be released.

If you have any questions ask away.

Feed back is always welcomed .

Thanks!

P.S: Reverse LED X will be available in the size BAX9S for the Coupes.:cool::cool:
Turn Signals and Brake LED will also be Available in BA15S for the Coupes
Hi does the reverse bulb fits for 2017 civic si sedan?

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase