Resuming play on a iPod after 2017 Civic restart: No audio?

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
And did I reboot or shut down my ipod in the video? Only shut down I assume. Will try to 'reboot too'
I'll film it as proof.
No, I'm saying leave the iPod alone. Don't touch it. Just reboot the Honda headunit. The only reason I say that is because that's what works for me when I have this problem.

But I think the ipod is fine, its the damn honda system that let me down!!
I just had my headphone in the ipod and it works perfectly, its got to be the car system, cause i cant see why the ipod would fail all of a sudden
It does seem unlikely, but plugging your iPod and its USB cable into someone else's car seems like it would be a better test of your gear to me. The way audio is played through the headphone jack is totally different than how it's played through the USB connection.
Sponsored

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, I'm saying leave the iPod alone. Don't touch it. Just reboot the Honda headunit. The only reason I say that is because that's what works for me when I have this problem.

It does seem unlikely, but plugging your iPod and its USB cable into someone else's car seems like it would be a better test of your gear to me. The way audio is played through the headphone jack is totally different than how it's played through the USB connection.
aha okay, I will try that specific combo :) would be strange if that made any difference tbh, but I'll be able to tell you in a couple of hours ;)

true about the usb cable connection though, but I dont know anybody with a similar system, might as well ask that to the dealer to test it with the other cars he has, if my problem still remain the same

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
might as well ask that to the dealer to test it with the other cars he has, if my problem still remain the same
Yeah, good idea! That would be the best test - plug it into another Civic at the dealership, and if it works fine there, then that 100% narrows the problem down to being with your car instead of your iPod or cable.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, good idea! That would be the best test - plug it into another Civic at the dealership, and if it works fine there, then that 100% narrows the problem down to being with your car instead of your iPod or cable.
SOLVED!
After all other things I tried, all I had to do was simply reset (not restart) my iPod Nano.
For my 6th gen. Nano thats volume down + sleep/wake button for around 8 sec untill you see the Apple logo.
After that, all is good!
So it was my iPod after all that was the source of trouble! ;)

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Haha, wow, I'm glad it ended up not being something wrong with your car. I'll definitely remember that about the full reset of the iPod in case I ever have any problems with mine that nothing else fixes.
Sponsored