Resonator or muffler delete? Or both?

OP
OP

jinderC

You do realize that most cars don’t actually get obnoxiously loud when you just delete either the resonator(s) and/or the muffler of the stock exhaust...it can sometimes add just enough added volume without being annoying and is much cheaper than buying an aftermarket system...that’s what OP is looking for and to be honest I’m looking for the same thing. Assuming it doesn’t cause the car to become too raspy, I’m interested in entertaining this option once I get feedback and sound clip/videos from people who have done this.
I think I’m going to delete the centre middle resonator. That I think will give the car the that extra sound without getting too much.
I think that’s a safe bet.... if I need more I might delete the smaller first resonator too.

mdm24

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I think I’m going to delete the centre middle resonator. That I think will give the car the that extra sound without getting too much.
I think that’s a safe bet.... if I need more I might delete the smaller first resonator too.
That is exactly how I did it. Exhaust sound is so subjective just try it out and if you like it go for the second resonator it just gives it a little more sound. At some point I may go for the HKS Legamax I just don’t like the looks of the two tips...

C-CAT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
That is exactly how I did it. Exhaust sound is so subjective just try it out and if you like it go for the second resonator it just gives it a little more sound. At some point I may go for the HKS Legamax I just don’t like the looks of the two tips...
I believe Legamax now comes with a Tri-tip option.

C-CAT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Sweet, please let me know how it turns out if you do this. Would love the feedback and a before and after sound clip if possible.

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag
I believe Legamax now comes with a Tri-tip option.
I don’t believe so. Both HKS exhausts come 2tips. Legamax and Hi-Power. I know they’re making that single tip exhaust

Mikias

First Name
Mikias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Today I deleted two mufflers, left and right, as well as my middle center resonator (so not the middle resonator in between the two mufflers but further up the midpipe).

Sound is way more aggressive over stock. Not only is it properly loud but it is boomy as well. Unfortunately, there is a significant drone to complement this sound between 1.7k - 3.5k. A lot of resonant frequencies escape into the cabin when on throttle in that range especially.

When off throttle or idle, it is maybe slightly louder than stock in the cabin. Surprisingly the sound isn't fart cannon in tone; it sounds pretty mean but it is very loud on accel. Definietly.

Even with the loudness and drone at certain portions of the rev range I have no issues hearing myself or a passenger speak at normal volume. Music also drowns it out at about 15 on the volume knob.

But everything off, you're gonna hear it.

I recommend it, you can always throw the resonator back on and have a 99% stock sound again. I'm going to use this until I decide to pony up for a valved exhaust.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We just finished our custom system without ANY mufflers or resonator. I would not recommend it if you daily your car. It is LOUD. Actually tolerable on the highway but it definitely is loud. I am actually short shifting more just to not sound like an idiot most of the time.

Unfortunately I am a man not known to follow my own advice and I will probably be dailying this during the autoX season until I can't take it anymore...

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Guys

I like how the OEM exhaust looks and just want to make it sound a little louder.
I’m thinking a possible muffler delete (2 outer ones) or the centre resonator delete....or both.

Anyone here have one or the other or both and any recommendations?

I found some threads on the topic in the Si forums and not much in the FK8 group.

Cheers

If you're on budget mode, just remove the two resonators.

:thumbsup:

Honda Civic 10th gen Resonator or muffler delete?  Or both? 1A5EAC9C-5EDD-47CC-836C-C1D38A5AD9C8_LI (2)

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I say remove the the two rear mufflers and the central baffle (the one between the two rear mufflers). With that, mechanically speaking here, you should have much drone in the cabin. The resonators are designed to control cabin drone, while the rear mufflers are designed to muffle the existing sound.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dump valve= all the sound and exhaust flow you could want and stock quiet at the push of a button. Example product below:
https://www.tmart.com/3-76mm-Electr...MIv8OUz-Dw3wIVjMhkCh2WRgXtEAkYASABEgJ_svD_BwE
I've looked into this and it would have to be a 2.5", bbuuutttt there is no room to put the cutout due to how m=large of an area you need to fit the operator motor. I actually bought one and got under the car and tried everything i could to get it to fit in many different spots. The exhaust channeling is too small to house the system, sadly :(

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I've looked into this and it would have to be a 2.5", bbuuutttt there is no room to put the cutout due to how m=large of an area you need to fit the operator motor. I actually bought one and got under the car and tried everything i could to get it to fit in many different spots. The exhaust channeling is too small to house the system, sadly :(
I think I have a few possible locations. PM me or We can start a Dump valve thread and I will help you work it out.
Sponsored