Resonator or muffler delete? Or both?

jinderC

Guys

I like how the OEM exhaust looks and just want to make it sound a little louder.
I’m thinking a possible muffler delete (2 outer ones) or the centre resonator delete....or both.

Anyone here have one or the other or both and any recommendations?

I found some threads on the topic in the Si forums and not much in the FK8 group.

Cheers
Sponsored

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Borla muffler

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Idk where you're from but muffler deletes just focus more attention on you too get pulled over I wouldn't swap the mufflers out and keep the tips

C-CAT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Idk where you're from but muffler deletes just focus more attention on you too get pulled over I wouldn't swap the mufflers out and keep the tips
You do realize that most cars don’t actually get obnoxiously loud when you just delete either the resonator(s) and/or the muffler of the stock exhaust...it can sometimes add just enough added volume without being annoying and is much cheaper than buying an aftermarket system...that’s what OP is looking for and to be honest I’m looking for the same thing. Assuming it doesn’t cause the car to become too raspy, I’m interested in entertaining this option once I get feedback and sound clip/videos from people who have done this.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You do realize that most cars don’t actually get obnoxiously loud when you just delete either the resonator(s) and/or the muffler of the stock exhaust...it can sometimes add just enough added volume without being annoying and is much cheaper than buying an aftermarket system...that’s what OP is looking for and to be honest I’m looking for the same thing. Assuming it doesn’t cause the car to become too raspy, I’m interested in entertaining this option once I get feedback and sound clip/videos from people who have done this.
Oh ok they're on YouTube.. I tried the delete on my 911 and it was too loud for my tastes I ended up putting a smaller resonator on it and keeping the stock mufflers

_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I have a 3 inch piping resonator / muffler delete. I thought it was gunna be loud but not really. Once you do your DP / FP then it sounds ridiculously loud. I'm going for custom on mine just waiting for some money for DP / FP & add a 3 inch resonator to calm the straight pipe.

mdm24

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I deleted the large mid resonator and liked the increased sound but wanted a little more so I deleted the second smaller forward resonator and I'm really happy with it now. It has a nice burble at idle and growl when you rev it. It does get a little boomy and certain rpm when you're on the gas hard but it's not bad.

OP
OP

jinderC

I deleted the large mid resonator and liked the increased sound but wanted a little more so I deleted the second smaller forward resonator and I'm really happy with it now. It has a nice burble at idle and growl when you rev it. It does get a little boomy and certain rpm when you're on the gas hard but it's not bad.
Nice!!!!

Did you notice any power loss?
I heard that could be a con from resonator deletes....
I think I’m going to leave the 3 mufflers and do what you did.

OP
OP

jinderC

I have a 3 inch piping resonator / muffler delete. I thought it was gunna be loud but not really. Once you do your DP / FP then it sounds ridiculously loud. I'm going for custom on mine just waiting for some money for DP / FP & add a 3 inch resonator to calm the straight pipe.
Cool! You didn’t notice any power loss with your resonator delete did you? Most people don’t but thought I would ask anyone that does it

mdm24

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Nice!!!!

Did you notice any power loss?
I heard that could be a con from resonator deletes....
I think I’m going to leave the 3 mufflers and do what you did.
No power loss. I don’t think the resonators add much back pressure they are straight through.

zdonsbach

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic type r
Country flag
I just put the hks legacy on mine and did it myself, nice rumble, but not tooooo much love it

Honda Civic 10th gen Resonator or muffler delete?  Or both? 1A5EAC9C-5EDD-47CC-836C-C1D38A5AD9C8

Honda Civic 10th gen Resonator or muffler delete?  Or both? 886B1104-4EE9-47FE-8A21-A93CF30A2A50

OP
OP

jinderC

I wouldnt do a resonator delete or muffler delete if you want a good sound. A full exhaust is almost neccessary for a proper sound. Or atleast a catback option.
I think they are sound pretty good. From the videos I seen and the people replying I think i’ll try the resonator delete, sounds like the perfect tone for daily driving.
Just looking for a tad more sound and I do love how the factory tips look.

I do get what you’re saying, but I think a resonator delete might be almost perfect for my needs.

I could save the money for a hondata :)
Sponsored