RESOLVED, nothing to see here

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
You guys want to bash me, it's fine. It's the internetz, I can take it.

But, at least address my questions, too?
Not bashing. I made a suggestion. I would take the car to a safe place and put in third gear above say 2500-3000rpm and STAND ON THE GAS. TO THE FLOOR AND DONT LET THE PEDAL MOVE AT ALL. Should be 12-15psi and stay there. The SECOND you let off even slightly the boost will drop. A lot of people think they are holding the pedal down farther than they actually are. Sounds like you may be one of these cases.
Sponsored

Fatheadrr

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
Not bashing just saying why stare at the boost gauge. Drive the car. Does it feel different than normal. If no then keep driving.

OP
OP

Deleted member

Not bashing. I made a suggestion. I would take the car to a safe place and put in third gear above say 2500-3000rpm and STAND ON THE GAS. TO THE FLOOR AND DONT LET THE PEDAL MOVE AT ALL. Should be 12-15psi and stay there. The SECOND you let off even slightly the boost will drop. A lot of people think they are holding the pedal down farther than they actually are. Sounds like you may be one of these cases.
I will try it.

This morning I was in 4th, 5th and 6th, pedal to floor, held. Boost went to 13-14, and while still holding pedal to the floor, psi started dropping.

Speed was 75-90mph through the gears.

OP
OP

Deleted member

Not bashing just saying why stare at the boost gauge. Drive the car. Does it feel different than normal. If no then keep driving.
Feels like it makes a lot of noise, but speed doesn't seem to match.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Bottom line:
Be in the right gear at the right RPM to generate boost.

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will try it.

This morning I was in 4th, 5th and 6th, pedal to floor, held.
Don't do this unless absolutely necessary for your safety in some way. It puts an incredible amount of load on the engine and clutch do go WOT in the overdrive gears (5th and 6th are OD). Downshift if you're in those gears and need to go faster. On the stock tune this is less crucial but when tuned the factory safeties are no longer present. People have reported clutch slipping on 100% stock SI's and this is the type of driving that will cause that.

OP
OP

Deleted member

Over a 45 minute drive, I tried several things. I accelerated gradually, then punched it after 3000rpm, I punched it earlier, I punched it in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th. Boost never got above 14, and never held while on the pedal, always dropped off.

1st sounds loud and rpms go up, but speed seems slower than rpm.

Down for a local driver to test mine, and for a Google Duo.

Thanks,
John
Sponsored