REQUEST: SharksFin antenna removal

dandOy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t, 2009 civic ex-L, rsx type-s
Country flag
i vinyl wrapped my roof a few months ago and i kinda messed up the antenna portion of the roof. i am planning to redo it soon, but i want to do it the right way this time.

i know that i need to remove the head liner to get to the antenna. but i dont know where the tabs and screws are. i didnt wanna pull it cause it looks like its gonna break if i did that.

if anybody here knows of a picture or a thread that has instructions on how to get to the fin antenna for our car it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Sponsored

Chewy48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
i vinyl wrapped my roof a few months ago and i kinda messed up the antenna portion of the roof. i am planning to redo it soon, but i want to do it the right way this time.

i know that i need to remove the head liner to get to the antenna. but i dont know where the tabs and screws are. i didnt wanna pull it cause it looks like its gonna break if i did that.

if anybody here knows of a picture or a thread that has instructions on how to get to the fin antenna for our car it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Hey man same issue here! I found out that there's a nut underneath the headliner that you have to remove which I did but there's also a black wire that needs to be removed and I couldn't figure out where that's connected too. Any updates?

spazz2sick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man same issue here! I found out that there's a nut underneath the headliner that you have to remove which I did but there's also a black wire that needs to be removed and I couldn't figure out where that's connected too. Any updates?
Do mind showing where all the bolts are to remove the headliner?

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've got it done and know what to do. I can send you better info tomorrow with pictures . The cable for the fin actually runs down all the way to the pilar on the passenger side rear seat so it's kind of a pain.

Chewy48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
I've got it done and know what to do. I can send you better info tomorrow with pictures . The cable for the fin actually runs down all the way to the pilar on the passenger side rear seat so it's kind of a pain.
Bro that would be awesome! Really appreciate it

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bro that would be awesome! Really appreciate it
Just noticed you guys have the sedan so it's probably a little different . For mine I had to pop a panel down from my hatch at the top to pull down my liner . Also you'll have to unscrew the dome light if it's close to the back . My wire from the fin ran down to the pillar but since your cars are a little different I'm not 100% sure .

If you're careful the liner should just pop out and then you just have to follow the wire and if you're lucky it will have the connector really close to the fin

Chewy48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Just noticed you guys have the sedan so it's probably a little different . For mine I had to pop a panel down from my hatch at the top to pull down my liner . Also you'll have to unscrew the dome light if it's close to the back . My wire from the fin ran down to the pillar but since your cars are a little different I'm not 100% sure .

If you're careful the liner should just pop out and then you just have to follow the wire and if you're lucky it will have the connector really close to the fin
Hey man I think it's the same. I have the coupe and I've gotten as far as pulling down the back headliner just enough so I can loosen the nut. I've been able to loosen the nut but the wire seems to run down the back right pillar as well and I didn't want to look if I wasn't 100% sure. So how did you even manage to get behind that pillar?

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man I think it's the same. I have the coupe and I've gotten as far as pulling down the back headliner just enough so I can loosen the nut. I've been able to loosen the nut but the wire seems to run down the back right pillar as well and I didn't want to look if I wasn't 100% sure. So how did you even manage to get behind that pillar?
I'll show you pictures tomorrow , but I opened my rear door , and pulled off the plastic panel between the seat and the floor ? If that makes sense .. Once that was off the pillar just popped off with a little force . Whatch out because the clips are flimsy and you don't want to bend or break them off .

This is where it might be a little different from the hatch since the seats are different but once I get a chance I'll show you pictures f what to take off and you'll be able to see if it's the same

Chewy48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
I'll show you pictures tomorrow , but I opened my rear door , and pulled off the plastic panel between the seat and the floor ? If that makes sense .. Once that was off the pillar just popped off with a little force . Whatch out because the clips are flimsy and you don't want to bend or break them off .

This is where it might be a little different from the hatch since the seats are different but once I get a chance I'll show you pictures f what to take off and you'll be able to see if it's the same
Thanks man really appreciate that! Yeah pictures would definitely help

spazz2sick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Just clarifying lol. So there are no bolts or screws that hold the headliner on? It just pops off?

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just clarifying lol. So there are no bolts or screws that hold the headliner on? It just pops off?
nope, i just had to make sure the rear dome light was unscrewed from the liner and just dangled. other than that it just popped down. again not sure if its the same for sedans/coupse. i would ask the other person on this thread who mentioned hes pulled his liner down.

Chewy48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Yeah it pops right off. The only things holding it up are like those 2 plastic circle things that you can see on the left and the right