REQUEST: Independent DRL fog light mod

SSGCoxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport, 6MT, Sonic Gray
Country flag
Any updates? Many Type-R owners are wondering how to get the fogs working with the parking lights. Thanks!
After getting into the dash; not much for updates. Separate from adding a new switch and controlling the fogs on a dedicated circuit. I'm not sure the BCM can be made to turn on the fogs w/o the headlights.

I'm waiting on a used combination switch to test it and see if it will handle 12V power to fire a relay. The problem there is the dash indicator light...

A wiring schematic of the BCM and a used BCM from a wrecked civic would make this process go much quicker.

egodriver07

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is a video of I splice I did with my side markers into the running lights

Thanks for this. I have a set of these coming tomorrow, and though I'm not worried about the marker install itself, I've never done any splicing or anything so was curious to see how this would go. Did your markers not come with the connectors you showed that you used to splice? Wondering if I'm going to have to pick those up as well.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I found this video on YouTube where he's gotten the fogs to work with the parking lights. Anyone have any idea how to replicate?

Watch the Video .. he goes into GREAT details as to how he did it.
If you cannot follow & understand what he did, after he has explained it in the video, you should NOT attempt to mess with the car's wiring yourself.

Honda Civic 10th gen REQUEST: Independent DRL fog light mod Cdv6UnxWAAATgCi___Gallery

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I understand the relay extension, but when he threw that additional relay in for his switchback between fog LEDs, that's what threw me off.
I did not pay that much attention to it ... I assume that may have been to switch between the two LED Fog-Light colors.
If you still are not sure of what to do, why not try contacting him and asking for more details about the part that is not clear to you. ?

SSGCoxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport, 6MT, Sonic Gray
Country flag
Yes, this will bring on the fog lights with Park lights, low beam, and high beam and will allow you to turn off the fog lights when you actually turn the slide switch to ON.

One thing he doesn't mention is that the dash indicator will not display the fog lights as on.
It will actually indicate the opposite.

With this setup, fog lights will be on whenever the side marker lights are on and the dash fog light indicator will be out. When you turn the fog light switch on, the fog lights ACTUALLY go out and the dash fog light indicator will turn ON.

This might be ok for some of you...

Xando

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a horn install video but this guys hatch allows the Fogs to come on without the low beams being turned on. I asked him in the comments how he did it and he said his hatch came like that. Weird...and here we are cutting into our stuff tryna figure it out.

Sponsored