[Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations.

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Slightly off topic. I installed HID's and thea LED's for my rear turn signals. There's hyper flashing when using them turn signals. Would a error canceller hooked up to the HID's fix this? Or, would I need to install load resistors for the rear signals?
Sponsored

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Slightly off topic. I installed HID's and thea LED's for my rear turn signals. There's hyper flashing when using them turn signals. Would a error canceller hooked up to the HID's fix this? Or, would I need to install load resistors for the rear signals?
I dont think anyone else is having this issue? Wjat leds did you buy? Most have a good enough chipset to. Hamdle this

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
You need to buy load resistors for the LEDs - has nothing to do with HIDs.

Expensive LED bulbs will have built-in resistors; since yours don't, you'll need a pair of load resistors hooked up in parallel to your bulbs, either in the front or the rear. Each side is its separate circuit. Front and back are on same circuit. You need one resistor per circuit.

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You need to buy load resistors for the LEDs - has nothing to do with HIDs.

Expensive LED bulbs will have built-in resistors; since yours don't, you'll need a pair of load resistors hooked up in parallel to your bulbs, either in the front or the rear. Each side is its separate circuit. Front and back are on same circuit. You need one resistor per circuit.
Gotcha, thanks for the info.

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, '17 Civic Hatchbacks EX-L
If you don't buy junk, and wire it properly, a Xenon bulb typically lasts 3x longer than a halogen. And it's not any less reliable, again, as long as quality ballasts and hardware is used, everything is properly powered and grounded, relays are set up right, etc.

It takes some time, and money, but the performance is definitely worth it. I recommend Xenon Depot's H11 Xtreme HID kit, but there are other good ones out there.
@DarkLight Perhaps they had configured these wrong on my friend's Accord but when he converted his headlights to HID, he experiences the issue of them not always firing both upon startup. They light up on unlock. Is this a common symptom if wired incorrectly? And to avoid it, do you have a reliable install guide that shows how they should be wired?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
@DarkLight Perhaps they had configured these wrong on my friend's Accord but when he converted his headlights to HID, he experiences the issue of them not always firing both upon startup. They light up on unlock. Is this a common symptom if wired incorrectly? And to avoid it, do you have a reliable install guide that shows how they should be wired?
lol, maybe his headlights are on auto?

If the car is parked in a dim place, when you unlock, headlights will come on.

If not, there's a problem with the relay installation and/or the ballasts.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I'm ready to mount my new Morimoto HID kit, but cannot seem to find a good picture showing what part of the fuse box to attach the pictures wire to, and where to attach the ground. I do not want to attach to the battery directly, and could've sworn there was a thread somewhere here that showed a fuse box set up (can't find it though).

Could anyone possibly assist?

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hid one of the ballast under the covers and the other next to the windshield washer fluid, the relay is in the front too. completely hidden once the covers are back on.
Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. 2017-12-15 16.37.15
Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. 2017-12-15 16.35.18
Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. 2017-12-15 16.35.25

Zach92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ex-t coupe 6Speed
so i got the morimoto h11b elite hid kit but the bulbs dosnt fit? seems like the red rubber seal is too big and is blocking it from locking in place

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
so i got the morimoto h11b elite hid kit but the bulbs dosnt fit? seems like the red rubber seal is too big and is blocking it from locking in place
Swap them for the seals from the factory halogens. They come off.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's a quick pic I took awhile ago during my HID install. I pulled the plastic cover above the radiator and used some hose clamps I bent strategically to mount them to the so as to not put too much pressure on them. They're just snugged up very well and are well locked into place. They don't quite touch the top of the radiator. I really wanted them to be out of sight and it worked.

Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. IMG_20171217_173022659

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
#Replacement Low-Beams
Since I never was 100% happy with the long distance coverage of the LED low beams, I decided to install Morimoto 5500k H11B with proper relays wiring.

##Installation
The second picture shows the overall routing for the Morimoto relay lines. The Hatchback fender has a hole where I put a bolt and nut to mount the two relays. The slim ballast is velcro taped to the side of the frame rail on the fender. The passenger side wiring goes across the radiator under the plastic cover. Originally, I had the ballast set up at on the radiator support bracket because the ballast wire was too short. I was able to use one of the extra ballast wiring to extend the wiring and allow me to position the ballast next to the Windshield washer filler neck.

Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. Z1CeRz6h

Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. JYxa408h

Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. fyYmftbh

Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. rfRQ6U7h

Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. dShn0s8h

Old setup for passenger ballast
Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. LTCfu2gh

New position for passenger ballast
Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. dY5VG3kh

##Impressions
Overall, the output is significantly brighter and coverage is longer. The color is slightly green from what I can tell. While I enjoy the instant-on with LEDs, output is a higher priority.

Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. BWKDiaNh

Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. s6ZqnBih

Last edited:

MT_FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOP Hatch
Country flag
Installed Morimoto h11 4500k Kit with relays. I mounted everything behind the front bumper cover. The relays are screwed into the plastic bulk head where there was an existing m6 thread, I did have to extend the wire that goes to the passenger side balast. I mounted the balasts to the sides of the aluminum bumper beam. I used m3 nuts and bolts to secure them to the flat area, the wires have to go straight back to avoide hitting the fog lights in the bumper (see pics below). This may come back to bite me as they are now my first line of defense in a corner fender bender lol...

All in all I spent a while trying to fit everything so that it didn’t clutter up the already limited engine bay space. I think it will work out ok, should stay plenty dry and everything isnmounted with bolts and nuts - no double stick tape or zip ties (except the wiring)

Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. 67A67B62-BB06-48A6-A83E-37C894BD6F81
Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. 40DDC8A5-2A60-40F3-8C73-28DCCBA829EE
Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. 6597266B-51DF-422A-B8B0-B5F48FCD7B05
Honda Civic 10th gen [Request[ HID's Ballast mounting locations. 14858759-BF67-426B-960E-2B66868C5D8B

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Installed Morimoto h11 4500k Kit with relays. I mounted everything behind the front bumper cover. The relays are screwed into the plastic bulk head where there was an existing m6 thread, I did have to extend the wire that goes to the passenger side balast. I mounted the balasts to the sides of the aluminum bumper beam. I used m3 nuts and bolts to secure them to the flat area, the wires have to go straight back to avoide hitting the fog lights in the bumper (see pics below). This may come back to bite me as they are now my first line of defense in a corner fender bender lol...

All in all I spent a while trying to fit everything so that it didn’t clutter up the already limited engine bay space. I think it will work out ok, should stay plenty dry and everything isnmounted with bolts and nuts - no double stick tape or zip ties (except the wiring)

67A67B62-BB06-48A6-A83E-37C894BD6F81.jpeg
40DDC8A5-2A60-40F3-8C73-28DCCBA829EE.jpeg
6597266B-51DF-422A-B8B0-B5F48FCD7B05.jpeg
14858759-BF67-426B-960E-2B66868C5D8B.jpeg
Nice and clean setup. Im planning to copy your setup but you said you extended the ballast on passenger side. How did you extend it? Thanks
Sponsored