Request: Hardwiring a Valentine 1 radar detector and dashcam

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I have a Valentine One radar detector (and concealed display) that used to be hard wired to my BMW E46. My apartment mate did it for me, but it didn't look that hard.

Does anyone plan to do that on their 16 Civic?

Also, I was thinking of getting a dashcam to record some of the crazy things I see while driving in SF Bay Area (guy jumps in front of my car, goes into push up position, drinks from a pothole puddle; woman doing topless yoga on freeway exit ramp; kitchen cabinet in road; sofa in road;)

I'd also love to get that hardwired.
Sponsored

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I plan on installing a dash cam in my Civic. There are some very good videos on YouTube.

Here's one but there are plenty more. Most dash cams provide clips to hide the cable better than this guy does. There are also very inexpensive tools to help installing cable behind the trim pieces (other than a pen). The Civic and HRV are perfect for hiding the cable especially where they have the power outlet

There are hard wiring videos as well.

Last edited:

skyware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T w Sensing
I plan on installing a dash cam in my Civic. There are some very good videos on YouTube.

Here's one but there are plenty more. Most dash cams provide clips to hide the cable better than this guy does. There are also very inexpensive tools to help installing cable behind the trim pieces (other than a pen). The Civic and HRV are perfect for hiding the cable especially where they have the power outlet

There are hard wiring videos as well.
Around 50 seconds in that video, he is going in the plastic area.
Do i need to worry about the side air bags?

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Do i need to worry about the side air bags?
I've taken off similar pillar panels in the past and you'll see the air bag in there. It's completely separate from the plastic cover you are removing. Unless you go purposely messing with it, you'll be fine.

starbai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, Prelude
Does anyone have a service manual for these cars yet? I'm trying to figure out what pins going to the auto dimming mirror are power and ground. I wanna be careful up there beacuse I dont want to mess with any of the Honda Sensing equpment that may be up there as well.

fanta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Civic EX-L 2016
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone have a service manual for these cars yet? I'm trying to figure out what pins going to the auto dimming mirror are power and ground. I wanna be careful up there beacuse I dont want to mess with any of the Honda Sensing equpment that may be up there as well.
Do you have Skype or Email, also what is preventing you from hard wiring it around the door curtain/weather stripping/side pillars?

dextersmexters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I wired my v1 using a add a fuse then Ran the cable thru the pillar. you get a gap if you pull the rubber mold around the door.
Sponsored