Request: Blinking side marker?

Buzz_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Does the Civic 10th Gen side marker on the front fender blink with the turn signal? If not, is there a way to get it to do that?
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I don't plan to since the Touring has lights on the mirrors, but it's very basic.

Unplug the wire harness to the sidemarker.
Find the +12v wire from your headlight's turn signal, connect to the +lead of the sidemarker.
Ground the other side.

Before I DIY'ed it on my old car and had it wired to both my parking lights and turn signals so that they flash in inverse with turn signals. Just google it, it's easy.

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know the bulb type needed in the side turn signal? I want to change mine to a white bulb.

BLK Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 1960 Classic Mini w/B16B
This is an easy mod, run the ground on your side marker to the power supply side on the front headlight turn signal. I was researching the connector so I can built a plug and play mini harness for myself. I dont want cut into the harness like my last car.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Somewhere on the interwebs, I saw switchback side lights. They looked pretty neat! Not the look I'm going for, so I pass for now-

ysutarko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I don't plan to since the Touring has lights on the mirrors, but it's very basic.

Unplug the wire harness to the sidemarker.
Find the +12v wire from your headlight's turn signal, connect to the +lead of the sidemarker.
Ground the other side.

Before I DIY'ed it on my old car and had it wired to both my parking lights and turn signals so that they flash in inverse with turn signals. Just google it, it's easy.
This is an easy mod, run the ground on your side marker to the power supply side on the front headlight turn signal. I was researching the connector so I can built a plug and play mini harness for myself. I dont want cut into the harness like my last car.
so the (+) side marker to the (+) turn signal or (-) side marker to the (+) turn signal?

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
so the (+) side marker to the (+) turn signal or (-) side marker to the (+) turn signal?
Yea what’s up?
And dang couldn’t find any YouTube vids...best I could find was from a 96 Accord And Most show a relay...is that advised?

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
First Youtube vid search for “Honda Civic side marker mod”

Yep! This should do it: