Reputable shops/dealerships in Tri-state area?

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Just got my CTR a couple weeks ago and want to know if anyone has a suggestion for a shop or dealership to perform regular maintenance on the car? Seems that every Honda dealership close to me has shit reviews (Queens, NY, according to Yelp). I don't mind taking a drive out as long as I receive good service.
Sponsored

MD19

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Atlantic Honda in Bay Shore is where I picked up my Coupe Touring this past weekend. The service bay was large, clean, and they have pretty solid reviews from what I've looked up. Should be about 40 mins from you, not sure if that's excessive.

OP
OP
iLovePho

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Atlantic Honda in Bay Shore is where I picked up my Coupe Touring this past weekend. The service bay was large, clean, and they have pretty solid reviews from what I've looked up. Should be about 40 mins from you, not sure if that's excessive.
Thanks, according to Yelp, they have 3 stars, and the only dealerships within an hour drive from me with higher ratings are Yonkers Honda and Curry Honda in Yorktown Heights.

That being said, I realize the ratings can vary between the different sites (Yelp, google, dealerrater), just want to see if anyone had personal experience with a local dealer/shop that they could recommend for service.

Holtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Thanks, according to Yelp, they have 3 stars, and the only dealerships within an hour drive from me with higher ratings are Yonkers Honda and Curry Honda in Yorktown Heights.

That being said, I realize the ratings can vary between the different sites (Yelp, google, dealerrater), just want to see if anyone had personal experience with a local dealer/shop that they could recommend for service.
Took my first oil change to Honda of Huntington
Second oil change to Honda of Bayshore
Front right passenger speaker is "popping" a little and today I have an appointment at Honda of Bayshore to get it swapped out under warranty at 3:30.

Notes: Honda of Bayshore has a fairly big service center. They did seem pretty slow with it when I did the oil change, not the tech... but the service assistant writing my order up. The car was sitting done in the parking Lot for 1/2 hour before I got to get the paperwork as she went on break and no one seemed to care to help me besides who is assigned to you. They do have a carwash... and if you are anything like me I tell them 3 times during my write up "PLEASE, do not wash my car" Thank you!

simply_the_best

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (FC1), 1999 Toyota Corolla
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got my CTR a couple weeks ago and want to know if anyone has a suggestion for a shop or dealership to perform regular maintenance on the car? Seems that every Honda dealership close to me has shit reviews (Queens, NY, according to Yelp). I don't mind taking a drive out as long as I receive good service.
Come out to my Dealership (Lia Honda of Brewster). I'm a very meticulously clean tech when it comes to working on customer cars especially newer performance ones. I replaced a Turbo on a 2017 Civic Si with 166 miles and took care of the car like my own with covers over the paint and everything. Customer was very happy with the car being fixed properly and taken care of.

hydramirage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Come out to my Dealership (Lia Honda of Brewster). I'm a very meticulously clean tech when it comes to working on customer cars especially newer performance ones. I replaced a Turbo on a 2017 Civic Si with 166 miles and took care of the car like my own with covers over the paint and everything. Customer was very happy with the car being fixed properly and taken care of.
Hey, that's where I took delivery on my sport touring. I can second the service being good over there. I remember I heard about that issue with the Si about 2 months ago when I had my Sport Touring over there.

cloudyy

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, 320i, S2000
Country flag
Bumping an old post but I may need service on my CTR soon. OP, did you pick a dealer for service? Does anyone have recommendations for dealer service in the NYC/LI area?

OP
OP
iLovePho

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Bumping an old post but I may need service on my CTR soon. OP, did you pick a dealer for service? Does anyone have recommendations for dealer service in the NYC/LI area?
Not exactly in NYC/LI, but I drive out to Greenwich Honda, that's where simply_the_best works at (left his prior place Lia Honda of Brewster). The dealerships around my way seem shady af.

cloudyy

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, 320i, S2000
Country flag
Yea, I agree with you, don't really trust anyone here. When you schedule service, do you specifically ask for him to work on your car?

OP
OP
iLovePho

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Yea, I agree with you, don't really trust anyone here. When you schedule service, do you specifically ask for him to work on your car?
I used to, but now I just text him lol. Shoot him a PM, he’s a cool dude:thumbsup:

DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
If someone is looking for a private repair person:
Sigi of S&W Automotive in Yonkers, NY. 914.476.4134
302 Saw Mill River Road
For folks who work in Manhattan, a Westchester bus ride to Metro-North in Bronxville or Yonkers.
I've been using him for over 20 years. He drives Honda and is frankly honest and reasonable.

navindralr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI MK7, S2000, Civic LX, MB GLC63AMG
Country flag
I was just on Saw Mill Road today.. actually had to go to 410 Saw Mill. My first time driving in that area.. pretty cool backroads up there.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I am just following up on this post. I am a new CTR owner in the NJ / NYC area and am also looking for a good dealership for service. Just seeing if anyone has any updated recommendations.

Type R girl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 civic
Country flag
A friend of mine at a Precision Acura in Princeton NJ told me about a super low mile 2017 CTR. If anyone would be interested his name is Tony. He's a good friend of mine and I know he'll take care of you. His direct number is 609-895-0600 ext. 323.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
Bumping this -- I'm in Somerset County, NJ. Anybody have any good or bad experiences with the shops around me, such as: VIP in North Plainfield, Madison Honda, Autosport in Bridgewater, Clinton Honda, or any others in my neck of the woods?
Sponsored