Replicate the Type R

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
That's just a mess.. sorry it looks really bad. I would pull the red caliper covers off, pull the handle and gas covers off, then pull that side chrome off. Put your money into the Type R spoiler and oem emblems. :)
Luckily I can give a rats fart about your opinion...but keep coming back
Sponsored

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just trying to help man.. Sometimes people need a little reality before they see the light. Like others pointed out you put a wrong sized cover on you gas cover. :/

Luckily I can give a rats fart about your opinion...but keep coming back

CombsCivicHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I would suggest what others have mentioned here. Just go the oem+ route. Once the si and type r come out just buy the parts from those. I'm itching to see the seats in person because I want to swap the fronts in my hatch desperately.

Stegodon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
I did a little--->
I agree with others. 100% pull those caliper covers off.... it would look 100% better if u just painted the stock calipers red. As for the chrome molding i hate chrome period but that is a personal preference. To me it doesnt make sense that you have a blue car.... red calipers.... darker red emblems.... fake carbon handle covers... and a fake carbon "too small" gas tank cover, with gloss black lips/accents....

Fake carbon isnt bad or anything.. but it looks like your pulling your car in every direction ebay throws.

If you pull the calipers, pull the gas tank cover.. pull the chrome... you would have a black on blue jdm badged civic... would look 10 times better...

but yes thats just my opinion.

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Peter Griffin* but yeah. I support the look you're going for, but that carbon gas cap looks like absolute shit. If it fit, it would be a different story. I'd cut my loses on that one.

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
Peter Griffin* but yeah. I support the look you're going for, but that carbon gas cap looks like absolute shit. If it fit, it would be a different story. I'd cut my loses on that one.
I hear you ...again the pics don't do justice for the car..tons of positive feedback--but yeah, the fuel door cover..I'll just keep it until the correct size comes along( mostly to read the funny posts people keep putting up)

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
If you do a Type R exterior conversion it's going to cost you $5000+ in parts and god knows how much in labour. I've seen a couple examples here in Canada where Acura CSX Type S owners would do an exterior conversion to their respective R model.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-2006-2015-79/csx-type-s-civic-type-r-conversion-2426970/

here's the thread. Guy is actually from Calgary too where I live so I've seen his car around before. Brought in 2 pallets of parts overnighted from Japan. I would do it myself but hey, I want to eat lol

With that said, the people who could possibly appreciate your mods on the roads aren't gonna notice and care, and the people who do know it's not a real Type R and that you're a fake.

Last edited:

Stegodon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
If you do a Type R exterior conversion it's going to cost you $5000+ in parts and god knows how much in labour. I've seen a couple examples here in Canada where Acura CSX Type S owners would do an exterior conversion to their respective R model.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-2006-2015-79/csx-type-s-civic-type-r-conversion-2426970/

here's the thread. Guy is actually from Calgary too where I live so I've seen his car around before. Brought in 2 pallets of parts overnighted from Japan. I would do it myself but hey, I want to eat lol

With that said, the people who could possibly appreciate your mods on the roads aren't gonna notice and care, and the people who do know it's not a real Type R and that you're a fake.

With all that said . From a guy who cares very little about "power" and more about the look of things. I would gladly mid 20k for my ex then 3kish for the Carbon lip kit and spoilers and hood. (Not a fan of wide bodyish fenders ) then pay 40+k for a type r. Just depends on what people like

Stegodon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Posers will always pose!
lol I'm not talking about using type r badges and telling people it's a type r. Literally just talking about adding a body kit and spoiler to a car....

Not everyone lives in a fast and the furious world and thinks they need to drop clutch at every stop sign and rev on everything in sight.

In the adult world we call those people douchbags. I think the last time I heard someone even say the word "poser" was in middle school.

A lot of people just like having a good looking car

moodyplaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic hatchback lx
Heres a quick pic of my FK7. Probly won't go all 'Type R out' but maybe a few more mods.

IMG_3008.JPG

IMG_3017.JPG
Did you do the red strip on the bumpers yourself? I'm thinking of adding that to my black car with red outline on wheels also.

With vinyl pinstripe tape. But now sure how it would hold in the Cali heat.

OP
OP
Erick.FK8

Erick.FK8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you do the red strip on the bumpers yourself? I'm thinking of adding that to my black car with red outline on wheels also.

With vinyl pinstripe tape. But now sure how it would hold in the Cali heat.
Very simple to do. When you need to curve, hold it down with your finger and turn to the position you want to go.
I live in SoCal and so far I've had the tape since Feb and holds well even through car washes. Besides, if you need to replace it...it cost less than $5 for a roll.
Sponsored