Replicate the Type R

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm guessing that will be easy once the car comes out as you will be able to order the parts from Honda. Just going to be the question of how much you want to spend.

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
The sport version already looks like a Type-R lite, so there's not much you can really do on your own right now until they sell replica a wide body kit, and Type-R wing. I think they sell replica kits from China that might fit, but they are sold for the sedans and coupes. In my opinion, here are things you can try doing right now:
- Replace the stock Honda emblems with red ones.
- You can also buy TypeR emblems, but that just seems like rice (unless you swap in a turbo K20).
- Put on Brembo brakes with red calipers, since you can technically see it on the exterior.
- Vinyl wrap/dip the sport lip kit with a carbon fiber design, and adding red trim on it.
- Paint red lip on your rims, or buy 20 inch lookalikes.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I say go for it man.. Most people wouldn't notice unless they got really close. Wait for the oem parts. I would buy the oem spoiler, oem logos and just tint your windows. The only hitch you may run into is the color. The Type R may not have one matching color and certainly not pearl white. But for now get your clear side markers, led lighting, tint and higher quality exhaust tips.

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As long as you don't put Type R badging on there should be all good, although I would only really do it on white or black. Other colors just look tacky.

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did a little--->

IMG_2445.JPG

IMG_2447.JPG

IMG_2448.JPG
what grinds my gears about your car is the fact that your gas cover stickon is not the same size as the original but you still stuck in on:doh:

NZXT MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-T Coupe--Totaled, Honda Civic 2018 Si
Country flag
what grinds my gears about your car is the fact that your gas cover stickon is not the same size as the original but you still stuck in on:doh:
Cannot unsee, why did you do this to me?!

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
Yup...Peter Griffith said the same...about his gears grinding

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
Yup...Peter Griffith said the same...about his gears grinding
Sponsored