Replica Type R Spoiler Installation Template

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The spoiler isn't mounted at the right angle. I've seen this on many TypeR spoiler Replica installs. It should be level to slightly a hair leaning back and yours is nosing forward.

Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Spoiler Installation Template 25foe2x

No, I don't. I did another video with installation tips. It is not a step by step video on how to install it but it shows some of the stuff I used to eliminate vibrations. On that video you will see the screws under the hatch. I thought I was going to make a few pennies in youtube with these videos but it turns out that starting on this month I will need 1,000 subscribers. hahaha :doh: :cloud:

Last edited:

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The spoiler isn't mounted at the right angle. I've seen this on many TypeR spoiler Replica installs. It should be level to slightly a hair leaning back and yours is nosing forward.

25foe2x.jpg
Hey thanks.. I'm getting mine professionally installed soon and really appreciate you sharing that info

I'll tell them that the outer wings should be level to slightly dipping back but not forward

Hopefully the OP can remount his correctly. I know he did it without a template which was probably why it came out like that

littleprincerex

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey thanks.. I'm getting mine professionally installed soon and really appreciate you sharing that info

I'll tell them that the outer wings should be level to slightly dipping back but not forward

Hopefully the OP can remount his correctly. I know he did it without a template which was probably why it came out like that
I don't imagine how it'd be possible to fix that though. If there's an issue with the angle then it's probably just the way it was formed, since you can realistically only mount the spoiler one way as far as I can tell.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe the op mounted it correctly. The problem I believe is the angle of the feet are wrong. Like the actual spoiler is made wrong. It's a china replica. What to expect? Haha

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I believe the op mounted it correctly. The problem I believe is the angle of the feet are wrong. Like the actual spoiler is made wrong. It's a china replica. What to expect? Haha
I purchased mine from ABS Dymanics so hopefully I won't have that problem

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well yeah mounting the wrong spoiler to a car can really mess up your aerodynamics. That's why I bought oem Si spoiler for my sedan.

i heard the ones from ABS flex really bad at highway speeds

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well yeah mounting the wrong spoiler to a car can really mess up your aerodynamics. That's why I bought oem Si spoiler for my sedan.
agree but i have the hatchback sport so the spoiler should work just as well as the type R but just dont think the plastic is sturdy think it should be fiberglass at least

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The typeR has an Oem spoiler that would work perfectly on a sport. The problem is a China knock off doesn't mount the same and isn't functional because it's made wrong. #knockoff

agree but i have the hatchback sport so the spoiler should work just as well as the type R but just dont think the plastic is sturdy think it should be fiberglass at least

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The typeR has an Oem spoiler that would work perfectly on a sport. The problem is a China knock off doesn't mount the same and isn't functional because it's made wrong. #knockoff
Where can you buy an OEM TypeR spoiler?

littleprincerex

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited: