Replica Type R Spoiler Installation Template

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX; 2004 Acura RSX Type S (turbo); 2014 Honda Accord LX
Country flag
So, when I installed my spoiler I did not have a template and struggle a little getting it installed. I developed a template but should only be used as a guide as it may not be 100% accurate. It should get you very close. Use at your own risk. Download the template here https://goo.gl/GCvtqe

If you use it, give some feedback. If it needs to be corrected, please do and share it here for the benefit of others.

This is only for the EXACT REPLICA Type R Spoiler sold here https://goo.gl/eWHjoF
Except I paid $180

Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Spoiler Installation Template 20180108_145135
Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Spoiler Installation Template 20180108_145155

Jamroxorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just recently received this spoiler, this will come in handy, thanks!

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Holy crap, this is what I have been looking for. This lools so much better than the ones from shiwstopper. On the other hand, $480 is a lot of money. How'd you get it for only $180?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Manny

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just recently received this spoiler, this will come in handy, thanks!
Cool. Good luck! Make sure it prints out okay and that everything lines up to your liking before drilling. I didn't have a template so I drilled from the inside. There is a video in youtube where I show the two holes I used as a guide, but on one of them I drilled at an incorrect angle and ended up being off. So that one hole ended larger than the others and after installation I covered the screw and the over-sized hole with clear RTV.

OP
OP
Manny

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Holy crap, this is what I have been looking for. This lools so much better than the ones from shiwstopper. On the other hand, $480 is a lot of money. How'd you get it for only $180?
I spoke with the seller because I was asking him to develop a better template using his Type R and he said the price is set to $480 because he doesn't have it in stock. He will be getting a shipment soon. Once he gets them I'm assuming he will take it back down to $180, but he also commented on the high demand for this spoiler so not sure if the price will go back to $180. I know when I bought it, he needed to sell at least 10 of them and I had to wait two weeks before it was shipped to me. BTW, he never got back to me with the template and that is why I posted mine.

RyanDu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe
I spoke with the seller because I was asking him to develop a better template using his Type R and he said the price is set to $480 because he doesn't have it in stock. He will be getting a shipment soon. Once he gets them I'm assuming he will take it back down to $180, but he also commented on the high demand for this spoiler so not sure if the price will go back to $180. I know when I bought it, he needed to sell at least 10 of them and I had to wait two weeks before it was shipped to me. BTW, he never got back to me with the template and that is why I posted mine.
any update on your car Manny ??

kyle61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
So, when I installed my spoiler I did not have a template and struggle a little getting it installed. I developed a template but should only be used as a guide as it may not be 100% accurate. It should get you very close. Use at your own risk. Download the template here https://goo.gl/GCvtqe

If you use it, give some feedback. If it needs to be corrected, please do and share it here for the benefit of others.

This is only for the EXACT REPLICA Type R Spoiler sold here https://goo.gl/eWHjoF
Except I paid $180

20180108_145135.jpg
20180108_145155.jpg
Hi

Do you have some photo under the hatch?

noelbnetz

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Except I paid $180

20180108_145135.jpg
20180108_145155.jpg
quick question but how large and what kind of drill did you use for this install?

OP
OP
Manny

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi

Do you have some photo under the hatch?
No, I don't. I did another video with installation tips. It is not a step by step video on how to install it but it shows some of the stuff I used to eliminate vibrations. On that video you will see the screws under the hatch. I thought I was going to make a few pennies in youtube with these videos but it turns out that starting on this month I will need 1,000 subscribers. hahaha :doh: :cloud:

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks, for the photos. I just placed an order for the spoiler, vortex generator, and fins.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Damn, it seems to be a weird vortex & fins as one piece. It also only fits sedans. My search continues

littleprincerex

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag