Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatch, 2014 Audi A7 Sportback Premium
Country flag
Hey, thanks for the reply. I probably will be buying the 32gb version but I think it should work for the 2018 model. I can post some pictures of the interior when I get home. Also, I have a question for you. Does the top part of the screen block the A/C vents?
pics of how it comes up to the A/C vents...dont mind the lint on the screen

Honda Civic 10th gen Replacing the Radio IMG_20180327_181841

Honda Civic 10th gen Replacing the Radio IMG_20180327_181900

Honda Civic 10th gen Replacing the Radio IMG_20180327_181940

OP
OP
Annix15

Annix15

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
pics of how it comes up to the A/C vents...dont mind the lint on the screen

IMG_20180327_181841.jpg

IMG_20180327_181900.jpg

IMG_20180327_181940.jpg
Thanks for the pictures. It looks really good! I'll definitely be doing the install sometime in the future.

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Looks awesome!

Will iPhone work with this?

OP
OP
Annix15

Annix15

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

chisav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
What keywords did you use? I couldn't find it, lol. Anyway, thanks for the link to the thread!
No worries, I just went into the Audio/Nav/Electronics sub forum. Also helps that I've posted in the thread too since I was interested in the Phoenix radios as well.

Arman98

First Name
Arman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums here and just bought my brand new 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport in manual, of course. I was searching around the forums and I couldn't find anything about replacing the radio.
The stock radio in the Civic HB isn't so great. I was thinking about replacing the radio with this model:

https://phoenixandroidradios.com/co...id-navigation-radio-for-honda-civic-2016-2017

I've seen some videos of people installing these in their 2016-17 models. I was wondering if this would fit in a 2018 model. I don't think there's much of a difference between the 17 and 18 Civic HB. What are your guys thoughts about this?
How tf have I not seen this thread!!!! I have spent weeks looking for info relating this... this helps me sooooo soooo much thank you!!!

Arman98

First Name
Arman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, i have this unit in my 2017 hatchback sport auto, i love the unit, i got the octa-core with 32gb rom, its fairly smooth and all functions work great. i havent seen interior of the 2018 but as far as i know, they didnt make any changes to dash.

everything with the radio is plug and play, no splicing required, and it keeps functionality of all the cameras and usb ports, also shows on the screen what door/hood/hatch is open, and when u change temp settings it shows on the screen
I have a couple of questions, most of this is foreign language to me so please take it easy haha. whats the 32gb for? that doesnt make any sense on a head unit/ radio for me? and second on the website it says
  • Retain most vehicles' factory steering wheel control, backup camera, etc.
Do you know what you lost? I have the same exact car as you and just would like to know if you lost any of the functions
and last question what if I have an iphone does it still work with it?

Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a couple of questions, most of this is foreign language to me so please take it easy haha. whats the 32gb for? that doesnt make any sense on a head unit/ radio for me? and second on the website it says
  • Retain most vehicles' factory steering wheel control, backup camera, etc.
Do you know what you lost? I have the same exact car as you and just would like to know if you lost any of the functions
and last question what if I have an iphone does it still work with it?
the 32gb storage is for the apps you download from the google play or anything you save on it, it does retain the factory backup camera and the steering wheel controls, even if you have side view cameras, it works,i didnt lose any functions, i gained a lot of functions, it will work with you iphone, you can mirrow or bluetooth calls and a2dp music from iphone

Arman98

First Name
Arman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the 32gb storage is for the apps you download from the google play or anything you save on it, it does retain the factory backup camera and the steering wheel controls, even if you have side view cameras, it works,i didnt lose any functions, i gained a lot of functions, it will work with you iphone, you can mirrow or bluetooth calls and a2dp music from iphone
ahhh ok I see. Do you know if anyone makes headunits for the hatch that have apple car play? and would I need that dongle for the iphones or no?

Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ahhh ok I see. Do you know if anyone makes headunits for the hatch that have apple car play? and would I need that dongle for the iphones or no?
i dont believe they specifically make one for the civic with apple car play, if you want that feature, you will have to get one of the aftermarket Pioneer, Sony, Alpine double din radios but then you have to purchase a dash kit for the car, you will need these items if you choose one of those

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120957812B/Metra-95-7812B-Dash-Kit-Matte-Black.html
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120701731/Metra-70-1731-Wiring-Harness.html
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_12040HD11/Metra-40-HD11-Antenna-Adapter.html

Arman98

First Name
Arman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i dont believe they specifically make one for the civic with apple car play, if you want that feature, you will have to get one of the aftermarket Pioneer, Sony, Alpine double din radios but then you have to purchase a dash kit for the car, you will need these items if you choose one of those

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120957812B/Metra-95-7812B-Dash-Kit-Matte-Black.html
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120701731/Metra-70-1731-Wiring-Harness.html
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_12040HD11/Metra-40-HD11-Antenna-Adapter.html
do you think if I bought all of these and took em to a shop they could install it? Cuz I have no clue as to how to install all these

Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
do you think if I bought all of these and took em to a shop they could install it? Cuz I have no clue as to how to install all these
Most reputable shops or installers should have these in stock for when they do the Installation
Sponsored