Annix15

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums here and just bought my brand new 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport in manual, of course. I was searching around the forums and I couldn't find anything about replacing the radio.
The stock radio in the Civic HB isn't so great. I was thinking about replacing the radio with this model:

https://phoenixandroidradios.com/co...id-navigation-radio-for-honda-civic-2016-2017

I've seen some videos of people installing these in their 2016-17 models. I was wondering if this would fit in a 2018 model. I don't think there's much of a difference between the 17 and 18 Civic HB. What are your guys thoughts about this?
Sponsored

Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatch, 2014 Audi A7 Sportback Premium
Country flag
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums here and just bought my brand new 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport in manual, of course. I was searching around the forums and I couldn't find anything about replacing the radio.
The stock radio in the Civic HB isn't so great. I was thinking about replacing the radio with this model:

https://phoenixandroidradios.com/co...id-navigation-radio-for-honda-civic-2016-2017

I've seen some videos of people installing these in their 2016-17 models. I was wondering if this would fit in a 2018 model. I don't think there's much of a difference between the 17 and 18 Civic HB. What are your guys thoughts about this?
Hey, i have this unit in my 2017 hatchback sport auto, i love the unit, i got the octa-core with 32gb rom, its fairly smooth and all functions work great. i havent seen interior of the 2018 but as far as i know, they didnt make any changes to dash.

everything with the radio is plug and play, no splicing required, and it keeps functionality of all the cameras and usb ports, also shows on the screen what door/hood/hatch is open, and when u change temp settings it shows on the screen

OP
OP
Annix15

Annix15

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey, i have this unit in my 2017 hatchback sport auto, i love the unit, i got the octa-core with 32gb rom, its fairly smooth and all functions work great. i havent seen interior of the 2018 but as far as i know, they didnt make any changes to dash.

everything with the radio is plug and play, no splicing required, and it keeps functionality of all the cameras and usb ports, also shows on the screen what door/hood/hatch is open, and when u change temp settings it shows on the screen
Hey, thanks for the reply. I probably will be buying the 32gb version but I think it should work for the 2018 model. I can post some pictures of the interior when I get home. Also, I have a question for you. Does the top part of the screen block the A/C vents?

Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey, thanks for the reply. I probably will be buying the 32gb version but I think it should work for the 2018 model. I can post some pictures of the interior when I get home. Also, I have a question for you. Does the top part of the screen block the A/C vents?
yes the top part of the screen covers the bottom part of the vents in the center, i will post pic when i get off work.

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Does a new stereo impact Honda’s warranty ?

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I don’t “blast music”, but would like to upgrade the sound system ... not sure if it would negate the 5 year warranty though

If so, it’s not worth it to me

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t “blast music”, but would like to upgrade the sound system ... not sure if it would negate the 5 year warranty though

If so, it’s not worth it to me

Swapping the headunit will not effect your warranty.

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Do you keep all the dashboard functions (turn by turn navigation, music info, trip computer, etc.)?

OP
OP
Annix15

Annix15

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you keep all the dashboard functions (turn by turn navigation, music info, trip computer, etc.)?
Yes, I believe so. One of the members that posted in this post has the radio installed so you could ask him any questions you have.

Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i never had turn by turn navi before i swapped because my 17 hatch sport had the same basic radio as the LX, so i gained that feature upgrading to this radio, as far as music info is concerned it will be radio specific, and swapping to the android head unit does not change anything with the trip info/computer

Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here's a picture of the dash.

Also, that's a good point. I need to look into that.

IMG_20180325_153951.jpg
my dash looks the same so the android radio from Phoenix with work for you
Sponsored