SeoulTempo

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Sport SE
Country flag
I haven't yet popped the hood on a Type R or any Honda Touring car with those special reflector headlights. Does it use a standard LED bulb that can be popped out and replaced like projectors on, say, an EX trim Civic? Or is the whole assembly essentially one piece that can't do plug and play with aftermarket kits? I'm looking to install an HID or LED conversion kit on a 2019 Type R that I'm buying in the next week or two, but wanted to plan ahead a little. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

BerzerkerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I haven't yet popped the hood on a Type R or any Honda Touring car with those special reflector headlights. Does it use a standard LED bulb that can be popped out and replaced like projectors on, say, an EX trim Civic? Or is the whole assembly essentially one piece that can't do plug and play with aftermarket kits? I'm looking to install an HID or LED conversion kit on a 2019 Type R that I'm buying in the next week or two, but wanted to plan ahead a little. Thanks in advance!
Cant just remove the LEDs, u would need to replace the whole front light housing and buy aftermarket headlights.

OP
OP

SeoulTempo

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Sport SE
Country flag
Cant just remove the LEDs, u would need to replace the whole front light housing and buy aftermarket headlights.
Gotcha. Figured that would be the case. I really wanted to get bluer LEDs like the Type R prototype from back in 2017. Thank you!

BerzerkerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Gotcha. Figured that would be the case. I really wanted to get bluer LEDs like the Type R prototype from back in 2017. Thank you!
No problem, Only aftermarket option i think out is Jay's, but they are like $400 i believe, but arent much bluer, cheapest option is maybe a tint? but would look weird.

Mefryrice

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 CW CTR
Country flag
The CTR comes with bi-LED (Both the low and high beams are LED) headlamps. You’re not going to find a better solution than the factory setup. LED fog lamps are also standard on the CTR.
Sponsored