jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
And have you not considered the FI as an alternative?
It is more expensive but it is another world of exhaust comes with front tube also.
apart from the application in which you can see many parameters of the car and if some day you install the downpipe,
the own control unit of the exhaust system cancels the failure in the car.
The sound is all pretty close as I watch he videos.
Since there is a valve I assume you can control drone. The MillTek is said to not drone, and the Remus as well.

So for me it would come down to price. The Remus is expensive, and so is the Fi.

But let’s not kid ourselves, the MillTek retail is expensive too, but saving a $1k is going to be a lot going to other mods like a down pipe, and tune.
Sponsored

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Here is a nice db comparison between stock and the MillTek Race (non resonated).

In the video, stock tops out at 78db where the measurement took place.

The MillTek registered 107db!!!

Is that actually loud as Remus with valve 100% opened?

TSAC-R

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I currently have the Remus along with the front pipe. No drone, but then again, it's purely subjective. I was initially concerned about the valve breaking over time but after looking at the unit and consulting with Mike @ Remus the part is relativity cheap and easy to replace, if and when it breaks. Wiring is super easy, splice into your taillight and ground the negative. For me I had an amp in my trunk all I had to do was tap into the power and ground of the amp. Easiest thing ever. Love how the the valve controller is a modular unit. The entire unit blots right up.

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus vs. Milltek What Do you prefer? IMG_9998

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus vs. Milltek What Do you prefer? IMG_0005

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus vs. Milltek What Do you prefer? IMG_9998

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus vs. Milltek What Do you prefer? IMG_9997

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
This is with stock frontpipe/downpipe and the valve is zip tied opened xD. I would like to think the valve motor is a waste of 500$, but I wont know until I get a catless dp and front pipe.

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
Remark exhaust or cut the OEM front 2 resonators but keep the rear 3 mufflers.

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag

This guy cut the 1st resonator after downpipe,
Closed the rear center muffler, and changed his downpipe. Sounds good to me

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
This is with stock frontpipe/downpipe and the valve is zip tied opened xD. I would like to think the valve motor is a waste of 500$, but I wont know until I get a catless dp and front pipe.
I wouldn't say its a waste of $500. The whole point of the Remus is to be able to change the sound on the fly. Hence the heftier price tag.

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag
Just ordered milltek non res. Looking forward to a bit more sound.
Thanks for all your replies.
You’ll love the non resonated! Just make sure the pipes are installed correctly so nothing rubs against the body’s underframe (I had that problem since I installed it myself, but I fixed it)

Acordova70239

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I paid 1400 new shipped for mine
hey man how much louder do you think the Milltek is compared to stock. Ive been doing so much research and see that people are very fond of Milltek for the fk8. I was thinking of getting the Invidia 400 because its cheaper but I want something loud. Ive always liked when I can hear any random car coming from like 2-3 blocks away.

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag
hey man how much louder do you think the Milltek is compared to stock. Ive been doing so much research and see that people are very fond of Milltek for the fk8. I was thinking of getting the Invidia 400 because its cheaper but I want something loud. Ive always liked when I can hear any random car coming from like 2-3 blocks away.
Milltek is definitely louder than stock (non-resonated is the loudest). If you want 2-3 blocks away loud, then you’ll need a catless downpipe

Ramster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8 / Supra MKV / Tesla M3P / G80 M3C xDrive
Country flag
I have Non-res Milltek with PRL Catted DP, and it's loud. Already have geriatric neighbors complaining to my condo manager but I don't give a fudge! Oh also forgot to mention it pops and crackle.

Last edited:

Honda_Elite

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru STI (Sold) / 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the Miltek part-resonated (one resonator) and it sounds really good, I would describe it as an OEM plus sound. It does not pop-crackle I'm assuming because of the resonator. I went with this system because I plan on running a catted downpipe at some point.

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
I wouldn't say its a waste of $500. The whole point of the Remus is to be able to change the sound on the fly. Hence the heftier price tag.
Yea once I get catless dp and a FP I will probably end up getting it tbh xd I'm almost a little nervous how loud it'll be haha
Sponsored