Removing the red stripe from aero kit

CloudVI FK8

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #4887
I think I have seen it on a few cars, but has anyone removed the red stripe from our aero kit yet? I just hate the red line on my black CTR, just isnt my taste. I have heard its just tape, but before I start pulling it off, is there anything I need to know?
Sponsored

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
If you don't want to make a permanent change, you can always cover the red with black tape.

rydereclipse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #889, 2016 Honda Odessey Touring Elite, 2017 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso
Country flag
I would do the same thing as Shihabp79 states, just cover the red with black tape. In the future, if you are ever to resell...that will be one of the defining traits people are looking for...why hurt value?

I know it might be an insignificant amount of value, and it may not hurt the value at all....but why chance it?

Just my opinion of course.

johnho.lee88

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR #00724
Country flag
The rep pinstripe is just a vinyl tape. There was another thread where more people chimed in on:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/deleting-red-stripe-on-ground-effects.13252/
A member on this forum also posted a picture of his blue Type R with the pinstripes deleted.

You can buy a 1/4" 3M vinyl tape off Amazon to replace the red pinstripe with black tape or even a carbon fiber print.
Can always buy the red tape and place it back on if you sell the car (not sure why you would :D)
Sponsored