Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I didn't even use the black caps...I figure I have to explain the carbon is an overlay anyways, so installed my carbon caps right on top of my ABM mirrors. A lot is covered up, but I can still see some blue...it is ok with me tho :)

EDIT: I didn't want to break anything in my attempt to remove the factory ABM caps...can really see a lot of blue on driver side, but a bit more blue on the passenger side...but still ok tho :)
IMG_1440.jpg
IMG_1441.jpg
One horrible thing about any type of DIY project is that you would repeatedly torment yourself for a very minor imperfection that no one else would even notice. It looks good!

SlaughterR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone actually done this install!? I need help. I finally got the stock cap off one side but in the process I cracked the cap just slightly and broke a couple tabs. On top of that, installing the new seibon carbon cap I broke just about all its tabs but the main two and it still won't fit! I already contacted seibon but I wanna know if anyone has done this yet.

saint365

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I haven't installed my seibon CF yet but looking at the OEM CF Cover instruction, it seems it takes alot of steps to remove the factory. Hope you get some answers from Seibon soon

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Has anyone actually done this install!? I need help. I finally got the stock cap off one side but in the process I cracked the cap just slightly and broke a couple tabs. On top of that, installing the new seibon carbon cap I broke just about all its tabs but the main two and it still won't fit! I already contacted seibon but I wanna know if anyone has done this yet.
I haven't installed my seibon CF yet but looking at the OEM CF Cover instruction, it seems it takes alot of steps to remove the factory. Hope you get some answers from Seibon soon
The only reason to remove the cap and install the black on prior to overlaying the CF cap is just so no "color" cap will show right? So I just overlaid right over my ABM caps.

saint365

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
The only reason to remove the cap and install the black on prior to overlaying the CF cap is just so no "color" cap will show right? So I just overlaid right over my ABM caps.
Seibon CF Mirror Cap is actual replacement for the cap and I think others were just an covers that overlays on oem cap.

HondaReese23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
well its that and if you ever decide to go back to stock you can so it was nice of honda to provide a extra caps

kccy

K's
First Name
K's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't even use the black caps...I figure I have to explain the carbon is an overlay anyways, so installed my carbon caps right on top of my ABM mirrors. A lot is covered up, but I can still see some blue...it is ok with me tho :)

EDIT: I didn't want to break anything in my attempt to remove the factory ABM caps...can really see a lot of blue on driver side, but a bit more blue on the passenger side...but still ok tho :)
IMG_1440.jpg
IMG_1441.jpg
looks awesome :cool:

HondaReese23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
You are getting that promotion, bud. Order the red carbon spoiler now! :)
ha!
got that too...and every other usdm, jdm and edm oem carbon part :p. EXCEPT for the carbon B-pillars and that is because they do not cover the entire b-pillar. my ocd won't allow it:oops: