Removing Scratches From Piano Black Exterior Pieces

jvivlemore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright ... I know I know. I shouldn't have gone through an automatic car wash but I've done it twice. The first was OK but on the second I immediately noticed small feather like scratches on almost every piece of black trim. I'm sure they'll buff out when I go to detail the car but I'm not positive. What can I do to clean them myself that's quick and easy? I use Detail Spray for most touch-ups when I don't wash by hand but that doesn't seem to be doing anything obviously.
Sponsored

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Alright ... I know I know. I shouldn't have gone through an automatic car wash but I've done it twice. The first was OK but on the second I immediately noticed small feather like scratches on almost every piece of black trim. I'm sure they'll buff out when I go to detail the car but I'm not positive. What can I do to clean them myself that's quick and easy? I use Detail Spray for most touch-ups when I don't wash by hand but that doesn't seem to be doing anything obviously.

i wrapped them up with black vinyl wrap.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I painted myself all the plastics in piano black with rattle cans+ clear coat and every 3-4 hand washes i polish them by hand with a mix of a very mild swirl remover and wax. 5 minutes in total and the grille looks better than the ones in the showroom.

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Machine polish took care of that for me. I used Flex 3401 along with polish pad and Final Finish, and sealed using Kamikaze ISM as the final top coat on all surface including piano black trim pieces.

10 months since, black piano/rubber trim pieces and paint exterior condition remain pristine with simple wash and dry, If possible, washed biweekly, unless situation requires an immediate wash. Otherwise, bugs or bird bombs are gently spot removed using ONR post drive between wash.

I am anal, so, not getting into lengthly details, suffice to say I use 3 bucket system, dedicated OG spec pump and no touch Master Blaster blow dry. Maintaining ceramic coated car is a joy.
Sponsored