Removing/preventing shoe scuff marks when entering/exiting

jedbadda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
I just got my new '18 Civic EX (black interior) and have already noticed a couple of scuff marks on the lower inside of the driver's side door and the bottom part of the driver's seat (both made of hard plastic) from my tennis shoes brushing up against them as I enter/exit the vehicle.

Of course I try to be careful when getting in and out, but my garage situation is a tight squeeze so it isn't always avoidable, plus when it is dark out it is hard to see where my feet are going into the car.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to buff these scuff marks out, and then any ideas for a kind of protector sheet/clear plastic, etc I could put in to preserve those sensitive areas from further scuffing?
Sponsored

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to buff these scuff marks out, and then any ideas for a kind of protector sheet/clear plastic, etc I could put in to preserve those sensitive areas from further scuffing?
Not sure if any protector sheet would stick to the hard plastic. For the scuff marks. I just use a moist rag to wipe them off. I use Meguiars Ultimate Protector to treat the interior once in a while.

I have a coupe and since the doors are longer, I seldom have enough space to open the door all the way, including inside my garage.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Get a roll of matte contact paper, like the type used to wrap kids textbooks, and apply this to the door sills and the bottom sides of the doors. If you clean the surface well it'll stick just fine. The sills definitely will hold if you remove them and wrap the paper around to the underside of the pieces (they literally pop right off by pulling upward). This is what I do.

OP
OP

jedbadda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
Get a roll of matte contact paper, like the type used to wrap kids textbooks, and apply this to the door sills and the bottom sides of the doors. If you clean the surface well it'll stick just fine. The sills definitely will hold if you remove them and wrap the paper around to the underside of the pieces (they literally pop right off by pulling upward). This is what I do.
Do you find that the adhesive from the contact paper leaves a residue on the door if you remove it?

Ramone179

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't tried it yet but, apparently WD40 removes scuffs permanently? I have quite the scuff battle zone building up, myself. Happy to report back once I try it out.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
303 Aerospace Protectant.

It's specifically designed for vinyls and soft surfaces, and it removed shoe scuffs from a 15 year old door card. Don't use wd40, it'll fade and discolour.

Kooltint

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Country flag
You can go on ebay and buy some 3M paint protection film. I've seen it sold in small pieces. A roll of the stuff is usually around $1200 but you won't need a roll.It's practically invisible and even womens spikes won't go thru them.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
You can go on ebay and buy some 3M paint protection film. I've seen it sold in small pieces. A roll of the stuff is usually around $1200 but you won't need a roll.It's practically invisible and even womens spikes won't go thru them.
Hmmm this is a really good idea. I'll have to look into this.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I haven't tried it yet but, apparently WD40 removes scuffs permanently? I have quite the scuff battle zone building up, myself. Happy to report back once I try it out.
Do not use WD40 on plastic or rubber parts. Metal only.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you may be able to find the specific vinyl protection kit on ebay (sedan-hatch)

CoopKill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Armor All Cleaning wipes. The only product I use from them. No residue, no shine. Wipe a couple times, and wipe again with a clean rag to even out application. Looks new.

Honda Civic 10th gen Removing/preventing shoe scuff marks when entering/exiting Group_Cleani
Sponsored