Removing Light Scratches on '17 Hatch Black Gear Shift Cover

Yosemite Sam

Honda was my first car brand and probably my last!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Just picked up my new WOP '17 EX Hatchback a few weeks ago and I am loving it so far! The only problem I have really had is the drivers side window was rolling up very slow. The dealer greased the channels and it has improved but the window still hops a bit in the channel unlike the others that are very smooth. I will be taking it back soon.

Anyways, I noticed that the piano black piece around the gear shit that has the P,D,R etc etc has light vertical scratches on it. I think I did it myself when I quickly dusted with a napkin instead of waiting to use my microfiber. Anyways, do you guys know of any products that could help remove the scratches? They are very fine and a small annoyance but now that it has happened that is all I can see! I bought some Novus 2 Fine Scratch remover but it did nothing, I'm not sure if I should have left it on longer.

Anyways, I figured you fine people may have a suggestion for another product. Appreciate any help you can give in advance!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Just picked up my new WOP '17 EX Hatchback a few weeks ago and I am loving it so far! The only problem I have really had is the drivers side window was rolling up very slow. The greased the channels and it has improved but the window still hops a bit in the channel unlike the others that are very smooth. I will be taking it back soon.

Anyways, I noticed that the piano black piece around the gear shit that has the P,D,R etc etc has light vertical scratches on it. I think I did it myself when I quickly dusted with a napkin instead of waiting to use my microfiber. Anyways, do you guys know of any products that could help remove the scratches? They are very fine and a small annoyance but now that it has happened that is all I can see! I bought some Novus 2 Fine Scratch remover but it did nothing, I'm not sure if I should have left it on longer.

Anyways, I figured you fine people may have a suggestion for another product. Appreciate any help you can give in advance!
Imma go to the dealer and see how much this piece costs.. As mine is the same as yours...

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Imma go to the dealer and see how much this piece costs.. As mine is the same as yours...
It's $50 for the piece that has the P, D, R, etc on it. Part numbers here in another thread about scratches there

Some ideas about how to remove the scratches in that thread, too, though I am not sure that anyone has confirmed any of them work well on that piece.
Sponsored