Removing Boot in door

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Can anyone tell me how to remove the boot without damaging anything? I need to run a wire through it but can't seem to get it fully through the boot.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Ah.

Do you have the door panel off?

What gauge wire are you trying to run?
I have to panel off. And I believe it's 18. I need the boot off on the car side, not the door side.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Have you tried taping the wire to a coat hanger, and fishing it through?

I'm not at my car right now, but does the boot go into the fender well, or into the foot well in the interior?

OP
OP

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Have you tried taping the wire to a coat hanger, and fishing it through?

I'm not at my car right now, but does the boot go into the fender well, or into the foot well in the interior?
The foot well. I did fish it through and I literally just got it in the car. Now I just have to find out which fuse is the fuse for the dome light. You wouldn't happen to know would you?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
No, sorry - interior light fuses are in the engine bay for some stupid reason.

Next to the interior fuse box there is a small connector, meant to accept factory wire harnesses for interior light kits, and illuminated door sills. My understanding is that one of the 5 pins there is directly linked to the dome light -- it's on this forum somewhere, check the DIY sections.

OP
OP

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
No, sorry - interior light fuses are in the engine bay for some stupid reason.

Next to the interior fuse box there is a small connector, meant to accept factory wire harnesses for interior light kits, and illuminated door sills. My understanding is that one of the 5 pins there is directly linked to the dome light -- it's on this forum somewhere, check the DIY sections.
I'm working with a straight wire here, no adapter.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
No, I know, but one of the pins there is hot, and connected to the dome light circuit. If you find which one you can use a connector to tap your wire to that one, and ground the ground wire somewhere.

OP
OP

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
No, I know, but one of the pins there is hot, and connected to the dome light circuit. If you find which one you can use a connector to tap your wire to that one, and ground the ground wire somewhere.
Do you know if there's a hole in the firewall were I could just run it through? I don't want to tap into wires yet

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Usually there are a couple, directly above to the right of the brake pedal. It may be covered by a flap of carpet on the inside.

Anyway, you wouldn't be tapping into a wire. You'd be tapping into an exposed lead on a female end of a factory connector.

OP
OP

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Usually there are a couple, directly above to the right of the brake pedal. It may be covered by a flap of carpet on the inside.

Anyway, you wouldn't be tapping into a wire. You'd be tapping into an exposed lead on a female end of a factory connector.
Is this the hole?

Honda Civic 10th gen Removing Boot in door ima

OP
OP

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Is this the hole?

image.jpeg
There is a black rubber piece kind of like the door boot. It looks like if I can manage to pull it out, it may lead to the hood. This is maybe what you're talking about?
Sponsored