Remove the back Honda emblem

PriceLess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone removed the back Honda emblem yet? I did the whole dental floss thing to separate the glue, but i couldn't seem to remove it because of the two clamps that hold it in place. I didn't want to muscle it off, fearing that that the clamps would break. I want to mask it with carbon vinyl. Any advice?
Sponsored

biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport, 98 Civic Dx (turbo/Blown), 98 Civic Ex (Blown), 87 CRX HF, 94 F150 302
What kind of clamps are used on this?

Is it not just two pegs on the backside of the H?

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Here's the diagram of the trunk

http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...-Continuously-Variable-Transmission-Trunk-Lid

Honda made it very difficult to remove the emblem. Other Hondas you can just pull back the internal trunk panel or carpet and pop the clips off the H emblem. For the 2016 civic you have to remove the exterior trunk lid panel to get to the clips. I tried to yank off the panel but got scared of snapping it. It's hard to pop off and the panel is very thin and flexible.

OP
OP

PriceLess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the diagram of the trunk

http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...-Continuously-Variable-Transmission-Trunk-Lid

Honda made it very difficult to remove the emblem. Other Hondas you can just pull back the internal trunk panel or carpet and pop the clips off the H emblem. For the 2016 civic you have to remove the exterior trunk lid panel to get to the clips. I tried to yank off the panel but got scared of snapping it. It's hard to pop off and the panel is very thin and flexible.
Have you had any success?

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Si and 2016 Civic LX Coupe (6spd)
Vehicle Showcase
I gave up after three attempts.. I have a Coupe so I'm not sure if it's any different from the sedan..

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Get a trim removal tool and pop out the black plastic clips that hold the insulation to the inside of the trunk lid. A basic socket set will do the job from there.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the H... :) Now if it was a Toyota? Ford? Or Chevy? I would pop the emblem ASAP and drive it with shame :(

danglez44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Ok so I got the "JDM" red H badge. I saw nothing on how to reach the begs. The front I just tried to slowly pry it out. And it broke. Then I just ripped it off. The rear same thing take an old credit card and remove the adhesive and then break it off lol. They made it so hard to remove without breaking it. Either way my bae looks great now.

Honda Civic 10th gen Remove the back Honda emblem IMG_4146.JPG

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok so I got the "JDM" red H badge. I saw nothing on how to reach the begs. The front I just tried to slowly pry it out. And it broke. Then I just ripped it off. The rear same thing take an old credit card and remove the adhesive and then break it off lol. They made it so hard to remove without breaking it. Either way my bae looks great now.

IMG_4146.JPG

is there any screw holding the front or the back emblem?? im planning to get this set hope it fits perfectly...
https://www.amazon.com/FRONT-STEERI...1477567256&sr=8-1&keywords=3PCS+JDM+RED+civic

danglez44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
is there any screw holding the front or the back emblem?? im planning to get this set hope it fits perfectly...
https://www.amazon.com/FRONT-STEERI...1477567256&sr=8-1&keywords=3PCS+JDM+RED+civic
It's basically 2 pegs (plastic looking "screw") in bothe the front and back. The back has adhesive on it so take and old credit card and run it around then pull it out with the card back behind the logo. (They will break and the oem part will not be reusable) but hey you're changing them for a reason so ‍♂

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do plan to debadge but after seeing the Blue Honda "H" on Orchid White Pearl I was sold. Not a fan of Red.

It will have to wait until Spring don't see the point with Winter.
Sponsored