Remote Start Summer/Winter

WallyBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I have a 2016 EX-T with Sensing and I am having trouble locating or understanding the remote start settings.

How does the car know what temp to set things at or if to turn on the seat warmers/defrost? I can't find anything in the display system. The reason I ask is it has been a little cold in he mornings 32 or so but my heated seats are never on when I get in the car (its outside not in a garage). Do I have to set something up for this and if so how?
Sponsored

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
I think the heated seats turning on with remote start is just a fantasy Honda put on their video website. We all notice that when describing the Civic's features, they aren't actually showing the Civic. They were just too lazy to update the video for what actually came out in our car. I've started my car when sitting outside in 10 degree F weather, and no seats were turned on.

https://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2016/Civic-Sedan/features/Remote-Engine-Start - Honda should be ashamed of themselves for continuing with this false advertising.

Threemaples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2011 Hyundai Sante Fe
I think the heated seats turning on with remote start is just a fantasy Honda put on their video website. We all notice that when describing the Civic's features, they aren't actually showing the Civic. They were just too lazy to update the video for what actually came out in our car. I've started my car when sitting outside in 10 degree F weather, and no seats were turned on.

https://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2016/Civic-Sedan/features/Remote-Engine-Start - Honda should be ashamed of themselves for continuing with this false advertising.
Use remote start every day here in Ottawa and heated seats turn on....note dash lights are off but seat warmers are on during remote start. EX Canadian model

R

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
I wonder if it's something only programmed into the Canadian model. 10 degrees F is plenty cold to need the heat (that's -12 in Celsius). Any American users having success with heated seats starting with the remote start?

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I would only want the drivers seat to heat up if anything (as a one person commuter vehicle). It would be nice to have programming options for the remote start

zshortyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I would only want the drivers seat to heat up if anything (as a one person commuter vehicle). It would be nice to have programming options for the remote start
Exactly, it would be nice to be able to program a set temperature you want the car to be running at when you remote start it.

t3hub3rk1tten

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mwe.st
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring MSM
Use remote start every day here in Ottawa and heated seats turn on....note dash lights are off but seat warmers are on during remote start. EX Canadian model

R
I've never had the heated seats activate on my US Touring with remote start. If they were on but the lights off, I would have definitely noticed. Kind of a bummer.

mcopolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura CSX, Honda Civic Touring
I have never had the heated seats turn on as well. Same as the front and rear defrosters. Only heats comes on to warm the inside of the car.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Canadian Touring here and it was -28C (-17F) this morning without any wind chill calcs. I started the car with the remote starter and can tell you that it didn't feel like the driver's seat was on at all. The Climate control was blowing warm air on the windshield at full blast and the rear defroster was on.

Keep in mind that the fan speed is kept low until the engine warms up a bit then it runs full blast.

By the way, no problems starting and the block heater wasn't plugged in either.

tandjent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue
Country flag
I've never had the heated seats activate on my US Touring with remote start. If they were on but the lights off, I would have definitely noticed. Kind of a bummer.
We've had a couple 0-10F degree days here in Iowa in the last week. I used the remote start when leaving work and even though the button display does not show the seat warmers as being on there is no doubt that the seat was slightly warm when I got in the car. Granted it was very light but I could tell it was there. It wasn't quite as warm as the lowest setting but it definitely wasn't as cold as it should be for being out in those temps for 9 hours straight.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
We've had a couple 0-10F degree days here in Iowa in the last week. I used the remote start when leaving work and even though the button display does not show the seat warmers as being on there is no doubt that the seat was slightly warm when I got in the car. Granted it was very light but I could tell it was there. It wasn't quite as warm as the lowest setting but it definitely wasn't as cold as it should be for being out in those temps for 9 hours straight.
Yeah seat warmers don't turn on.
Remote start attempts to bring the car to 72 degrees, either by warming or cooling depending on the temp outside.

Threemaples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2011 Hyundai Sante Fe
Yes that's my experience as well...its just slightly warm with no lights...maybe the seat is warming up due to blowers coming on ??

R

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Yeah seat warmers don't turn on.
Remote start attempts to bring the car to 72 degrees, either by warming or cooling depending on the temp outside.
My seat warmers do not come on either. However, according to the Civic Training Guide for salesman, it says they should. See screenshot.

Honda Civic 10th gen Remote Start Summer/Winter Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 7.44.23 PM

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
The press releases said there was a driver preference settings system as well. And that was intended for public release.
Sponsored