Registered owner info changed on its own.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
This happened when i clicked download to retrieve my stored data logs.

Honda Civic 10th gen Registered owner info changed on its own. 20190607_185202

It replaced my user info in the grayed out boxes under registered owner.

Now the registered owner on my flashpro doesn't match my ECU.

Try to change it and apparently it changed the password i had as well.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
If i get the oil dilution update would i then be returned to OEM calibration, warranty discussion aside, if i get the tsb done will this work and i can worry about the flash pro later and just go ahead and buy ktuner?

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
If i get the oil dilution update would i then be returned to OEM calibration, warranty discussion aside, if i get the tsb done will this work and i can worry about the flash pro later and just go ahead and buy ktuner?
As far as I know, the oil dilution update doesnt return a tuned Civic back to the stock calibration. Also, i'm not sure how going directly from a Hondata tune to a KTuner tune works. Usually one would return back to stock and then flash KTuner if they're switching. I'd honestly contact KTuner and see what they say. I'd say just switch to KTuner though. From personal experience, their customer service is unparalleled and i've never run into any problems with their product. A much better company and product than Hondata for sure.

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Working on a resolve. Hondata attempted to reach out same day of email. Security settings blocked it.

I reached out to PRL and they forwarded the response from their inquiry.

So far its turning into AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE.

My apologies to hondata for jumping to conclusions.... I havent tried to connect to ECU so we will see how it goes. I wanted to waste no time updating this thread...Ill update again later.

Last edited:

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
As far as I know, the oil dilution update doesnt return a tuned Civic back to the stock calibration. Also, i'm not sure how going directly from a Hondata tune to a KTuner tune works. Usually one would return back to stock and then flash KTuner if they're switching. I'd honestly contact KTuner and see what they say. I'd say just switch to KTuner though. From personal experience, their customer service is unparalleled and i've never run into any problems with their product. A much better company and product than Hondata for sure.
I would think it's irrelevant, seeing as how in order to flash a tune the tuner erases the current ECU data anyway. I've flashed tunes over existing tunes with KTuner, so I don't see why it won't work the same way if flashing over a tune from another tuner. It's not like you'll have overlapping tunes, it will erase whatever is on it before flashing. At least it does with KTuner, and I'd think Hondata would work the same way. Otherwise you'd have to flash back to stock with every updated tune.

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Working on a resolve. Hondata attempted to reach out same day of email. Security settings blocked it.

I reached out to PRL and they forwarded the response from their inquiry.

So far its turning into AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE.

My apologies to hondata for jumping to conclusions.... I havent tried to connect to ECU so we will see how it goes. I wanted to waste no time updating this thread...Ill update again later.
All is well. Had their first email been received I would have been fine later on the same day I reached out!
Sponsored