Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is!

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Saw a screen grab of the pricing from a Honda guy. Will have to find it. FYI I believe it's the same guy that called the Boosted Blue color back like 3 plus months ago. So there is a track record of good info.
I'll believe it when Honda officially announces it.
Sponsored

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'll believe it when Honda officially announces it.
Yup could be anything but I would not be surprised at that figure. Sensing plus all the other little updates, they are going to increase it. Hell they've been increasing the price every 6 months with basically zero changes. Lol

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In a couple years if the Type R is still around, I'd probably be sold on one just based on that blue colour. Provided the pricing isn't absolutely insane.

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
2020 is the biz :headbang:Too bad for those that just bought a 2019. I'd be kicking myself after finding out about all the new features. Bet the price only goes up by $600.
None of these features are worth waiting for if you can get a 2019 right now lmao

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Still sitting on dubs.

roflitzjinno

First Name
Jinno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Country flag
Hella regretting getting my '19 just a week ago. I love the revisions on the exterior. Curious to see how much better or worse the other revisions are, but depending on the price increase of this car I might just update to parts I like.

I'm curious what the price increase will be.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
The new grill is good, they should have redesigned all the venting to be real and actually move air...there must be some aftermarket options for that by now...
I'm shocked as well somebody hasn't come out with real vents for the CTR or a rear bumper replacement. The new vents don't really do it for me. I like the additions to the 2020 aside from the Honda Sensing and the fake exhaust noise. .

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CW Type R
Country flag
Wrong. Price will be $40,270
If true ouch. It should’ve been expected with adding the tech features.

Love my 18 which is more true to what the R was created to be than the ‘20 can ever be. By this I mean the R was intended to be a streetable track car, not the other way around. The originals were bare bones on options and that’s what I love about the 17-19 MY.

However congrats to those that wanted all the nannies.

I’m now curious if the upper grill and new shifter fits 17-19.

Last edited:

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm shocked as well somebody hasn't come out with real vents for the CTR or a rear bumper replacement. The new vents don't really do it for me. I like the additions to the 2020 aside from the Honda Sensing and the fake exhaust noise. .
China has real vent in CF... it wont look good as well unless you painted all silver metal behind the bumper black.. there are crash bar and shit behind bumper in silver and will show if the vent is real

TheShadow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R #00561, 2012 Civic Si, 2000 Civic CX Hatchback
Country flag
Spoon has a rear bumper replacement coming.

CStew81

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
None of these features are worth waiting for if you can get a 2019 right now lmao
I said the same thing when I saw the announcement. I don't think 17-19 owners care much about the new features on the 20 as they can just be added later on our cars. Now if they had an upgraded tune on the 20 that would be a different story...

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I said the same thing when I saw the announcement. I don't think 17-19 owners care much about the new features on the 20 as they can just be added later on our cars. Now if they had an upgraded tune on the 20 that would be a different story...
Also what i have been thinking. From the press release, they didn't say anything about HP? If they didn't then that makes me suspicious.... They might have bumped up the power a little
Sponsored