Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is!

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
How anyone heard how they have reduced shifter throw? I am wondering if the shift throw may have something to do with the trans grinding. Why else replace it? I don't see much of us complaining about shifter throw.
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How anyone heard how they have reduced shifter throw? I am wondering if the shift throw may have something to do with the trans grinding. Why else replace it? I don't see much of us complaining about shifter throw.
It’s a cheap way to justify a 3k price increase over 2019, much like the suede wheel that nobody asks for. Looks good on paper but not in practice.

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Auto start/stop will definitely be a nail in the coffin on the CTR but it ain’t coming with it for MY 2020. I re-read the press release twice because you had me scared for a moment.

https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-a...civic-type-r-breaks-cover-at-tokyo-auto-salon
LOL, sorry, I was watching Chris Harris drive the 2017 Type R in a YouTube video and in several shots they show the shifter and I noticed the Auto Start/Stop button so I just assumed we'd get that too. I feel it is unnecessary but to each his/her own.

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s a cheap way to justify a 3k price increase over 2019, much like the suede wheel that nobody asks for. Looks good on paper but not in practice.
I would still get the ACUITY shifter because of all the positive reviews out there, on my 2019 that is.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
I think the fairly large number of people on here that have swapped their wheels for an Alcantara one would disagree with no one asking for it.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Those sterring wheels will look horrible in a couple of months driving , better use gloves so that hand sweet wont destroy it, it should of come combined with leather or carbon fiber top and bottom

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Those sterring wheels will look horrible in a couple of months driving , better use gloves so that hand sweet wont destroy it, it should of come combined with leather or carbon fiber top and bottom
Everybody keeps saying this. If this is so, why is everybody on here so much smarter than the engineers at Honda?

But this is race car, right? It'll feel better for racing, replace when it wears.

People complain about the more race oriented parts on this car. And they also complain about the less race oriented parts(sensing). Y'all can't be pleased either way!

Last edited:

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Everybody keeps saying this. If this is so, why is everybody on here so much smarter than the engineers at Honda?
Forums are an interesting place, there are some really smart people on here, but then there are some(lots of) really dumb people on here.

Deleted member 31314

But this is race car, right? It'll feel better for racing, replace when it wears.
Engineers...lol. This is way past the engineers, most of the 2020 design changes would have been decided upon by Honda's sales and marketing team.
Sadly the engineers are often veto'd when it comes to the final product especially were styling in concerned. You can see many cases of this with cars from every manufacturer.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Engineering has nothing to do its cosmetics , and the material is prone to were is its touched constantly and its not the same were as the seats

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is! 313BF452-DFCB-4FF7-B64B-AA053953A32F

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
it will last a lot longer than few months if you take care of it. If your the type of person that doesn't bother cleaning it and taking care of it, then yeah it'll look horrible in a few months. Takes a little more care than your usual leather wheels, that's all.
just spend 10 mins of your time a month and it'll stay looking clean for a while.

and yes, i've had alcantra wheels on previous cars and currently do on my Nismo Z and CTR.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Engineering has nothing to do its cosmetics , and the material is prone to were is its touched constantly and its not the same were as the seats
So who designed alcantara steering wheels then, cosmetics queen Kat Von D? Please!

They are designed for race cars, pull those gloves on and take it for a whirl around the track. You'll see!

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
There will be many looking perfect, most ctr s are hardly used as daily drivers

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I am curious about the Auto Start/Stop and how much it would help with gas mileage and how quickly the engine starts back up after you remove your foot from the brake.
Are the USDM models getting this feature? There's a toggle button in other markets' cars where there exists a blank in ours to the right of the shifter. If we do get it, I just hope it remembers the last setting (off, haha) every time the car starts up (unlike the drive mode selector).
Sponsored