Looking forward to know how this will improve the acceleration time

Jessegovols and repeet thanked this.
  2. integra15

integra15 Senior Member

First Name:
    -
    Car(s):
    2017 Civic SI
    Not sure if the vents are better or worse... have to see them in person but look like a direct swap.

Still same boring colors though.

3. das borgen

das borgen Senior Member

First Name:
    Richard
    Car(s):
    E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
    I love Honda Sensing, especially the Lane Keep Assist. I like those LED headlights too, and I wish they were revised since they have a lot of glare on the -16-'19 Civic Touring coupes, sedan and hatchbacks that currently have them.

I love those new wheels too. I don't want at all a 6% shorter final drive since it's already terrible enough that 2nd gear maxes out at ~56mph on the 17-19 Si, and that just sucks for autocrossing.

4. PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter Specific Output

Service Consultant
    Car(s):
    18' Si Coupe WOP-87' Turbo Buick-91' Eagle Talon TSI AWD-17' Accord Sport SE
    #64 PowerPerLiter, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Jay19Si and xbbnx thanked this.
  5. nathanzachary

nathanzachary Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Civic EX-T 6MT, 2004 Integra Type-R
    I really like the new styling and wheels, but the extra red on the seats might be a deal breaker for me. Maybe we will get lucky and they won't have it in the sedan (slim chance, but I can hope).

6. PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter Specific Output

Service Consultant
    Car(s):
    18' Si Coupe WOP-87' Turbo Buick-91' Eagle Talon TSI AWD-17' Accord Sport SE
    #66 PowerPerLiter, Aug 21, 2019
    Also I am curious if they changed or added to any of the electonic gizmos or changed configurability of the imid display behind the steering wheel.

I have always wished they made it to where we could have the boost gauge/tach/shift lights at the same dam time. Maybe even all that AND braking throttle percentages. Be busy but I would love it.

Jessegovols thanked this.
  7. nathanzachary

nathanzachary Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Civic EX-T 6MT, 2004 Integra Type-R
    Ugh, just notice the ugly red seats are in the sedan photos too. :(

8. ebhaynz

ebhaynz Senior Member

Car(s):
    Civic Si 2017
    What's a crime is they didn't update the most important thing: No change to the weak/laggy Infotainment System.

9. zroger73

zroger73 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Ridgeline RTL-E
    #69 zroger73, Aug 21, 2019
    The sounds produced by Active Sound Control are additive - they do not replace any existing audio.

All 2016-2019 Civic headlights received the lowest-possible rating of "poor" by the IIHS. The most significant factors were inadequate illumination from the halogens and excessive glare from the LED's.

Headlights with less than an "acceptable" rating (the second highest) will prevent a vehicle from qualifying for an IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK. Headlights with less than a "good" rating (the highest) will prevent a vehicle from qualifying for an IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating.

TSP and TSP+ ratings are important to automakers.

Based on this and evidence from the shuffling of headlights on the Pilot, I suspect Honda is addressing their headlight deficiencies (at least in some models and trims) in hopes of qualifying for more TSP and TSP+ ratings. For 2018, Honda added reflector LED headlights to the top Pilot trims and moved the LED projector headlights down to lower trims to replace the poorly-rated halogens.

I'll bet the 2020 Civic LED headlights are tweaked for better light output with less glare in an effort to satisfy IIHS headlight ratings.

Also, adding Automatic High Beams as a function of Honda Sensing helps offset inadequate low beam illumination through the IIHS's "high-beam assist credit".

jopale, Design and davemarco thanked this.
  10. davemarco

davemarco Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2001 Honda Prelude (Premium White Pearl)
    I suspect that the glare issue that the IIHS is concerned with is definitely on the high beams. From most angles, the LED low beams are great and not at all blinding. The second that you flip on the high beams though, you instantly get this huge "X" pattern of light thrown onto everything around you for several yards, both horizontally and vertically. They'd be blinding to people standing on a 10 foot platform mounted 20 feet to your right. It's nuts.

11. _dc_

_dc_ Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Civic Coupe Touring
    There can be no glare issue with high beams, as you are not supposed to use high beams when there is oncoming traffic. All high beams will produce prodigious amounts of glare to oncoming traffic. The glare issue is definitely with the low beams and oncoming traffic.

zroger73 thanked this.
  12. Micah

Micah Senior Member

Car(s):
    '17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
    Source and or details please

13. zroger73

zroger73 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Ridgeline RTL-E
    #73 zroger73, Aug 21, 2019
    "The low beams created excessive glare."

https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/Honda/civic-2-door-coupe/2019#headlights
    https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/honda/civic-4-door-sedan/2019#headlights
    https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/Honda/civic-4-door-hatchback/2019#headlights

"Glare for oncoming vehicles is also measured from low beams in each scenario.

Vehicles equipped with high-beam assist get their low beam demerits reduced."

https://www.iihs.org/ratings/about-our-tests#headlight-evaluation

The published curb weights of the 2019 and 2020 are identical, so if the 2020's wheels are "slightly heavier", then they must total less than 0.5 lbs. for the set of four...or less considering the additional hardware required for Honda Sensing and Active Sound Control.

14. maggs_10thgen

maggs_10thgen Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Civic Si Coupe Blue current, 2005 RSX Type S Blue (Sold), 2015 Civic Si Coupe White (Sold), 1998 Integra GSR Green (sold) 1998 Integra GSR Red (sold)
    #74 maggs_10thgen, Aug 21, 2019
    I don't know man.. Think I like the 17-19 rims a little more. Def like the 17-19 bumper and seats more too.

JCkQxUK.jpg

Tuff call. Are the new wheels heavier? I heard conflicting info.

2020-honda-civic-si-coupe.jpg

2020civic0820.jpg

2020-honda-civic-si-sedan (1).jpg

2019-Honda-Civic-Si.jpg

2017_honda_civic_si_coupe_43.jpg

Who knows.. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise picking up the 2019!

2020-honda-civic-si-coupe (2).jpg

img_4980_medium.jpg

csc17-013_medium.jpg

15. aethecarfanatic

First Name:
    Austin
    Car(s):
    2019 Si Coupe
    I actually thought about waiting for the 2020's to release. I actually didn't want my car to have Honda sensing (salesperson was trying to convince me to buy a sport coupe instead), because I wanted it to be more of an involved driving experience.

I do wish I got the LED headlights, red seat inserts I'm indifferent towards. Also very glad I don't get the higher final drive ratio, no thanks on maxing out 2nd at nearly 50mph and getting 2 mpg rating worse, 2 mpg!!!! Car was never built to run a fast 0-60 so why bother