The_Fenix_2.0

Brett Bynes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
Country flag
Ohhhhh no. No no no no no no no no no.

Also new for the 2020 model year is Active Sound Control, which uses the audio system to enhance the engine sound during aggressive driving.

What have you done?
Noooooooooooooooooo! I mean would it be so terrible if they just toyed with the exhaust a little? For all the money they spent on that came audio enhancer, they could've put a better sounding more resonant exhaust in.
Sponsored

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Noooooooooooooooooo! I mean would it be so terrible if they just toyed with the exhaust a little? For all the money they spent on that came audio enhancer, they could've put a better sounding more resonant exhaust in.
I think it's a really cool feature actually

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Piped in fake exhaust sound is the opposite of cool imo but to each their own.
I really hope someone with a 2020 finds a way to mod their fake engine noises to sound like a V8, just for the laugh factor.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
I really hope someone with a 2020 finds a way to mod their fake engine noises to sound like a V8, just for the laugh factor.
If you get past the idea of it.. It's actually pretty cool. I think it might be turned on in the video. Car sounds good.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Piped in fake exhaust sound is the opposite of cool imo but to each their own.
I look at it this way. The person who really cares about the sound the most, gets to hear a "tailored" growl. The people who could care less about the sound (your neighbors in the morning, people caught in bumper to bumper traffic, neighborhoods late at night) just hear a "normal" quieter car.

Last edited:

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If you get past the idea of it.. It's actually pretty cool. I think it might be turned on in the video. Car sounds good.
The way I see it, it's a continuation of this (poor, imo) design trend of adding fake car elements that they hope will attract customers. The fake vents make it seem like Honda was trying to compensate for the Civic's lack of sportiness, when I personally don't think it was necessary. Same goes with the new fake engine noises. I would hate to be in the situation where a passenger says, "wow, the engine sounds pretty good", but then I have to explain it's all fake.
I don't care for deception, whether it be visual or auditory. But I understand opinions on fake vents/audio is subjective.

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Country flag
Raiti's review shows that there is also an audible shift indicator. Hopefully that can be disabled.

DrToothache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Raiti's review shows that there is also an audible shift indicator. Hopefully that can be disabled.
I was thinking the same thing. That beeping noise would get annoying really fast.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
Someone (ok, me) asked him about that in the comments. He said it only came on as you got very close to redline. He didn't say if you could turn if off, but I'm guessing it could be turned off in the settings.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Fake pumped in exhaust is a total embarrassment from Honda. Only the young would appreciate the sacrilege. It's a total discrace. I am frankly more stunned to see how many folks actually fall into the ploy to get you and your money. It makes me think really hard about .. what the faulk is going on??? It's just an unspeakable disaster to the 12 th degree to suggest ... In stead of real metal material ... we will dick over these buyers with audio bull shit. The worst part is ... You are buying into the marketing scheme??? Please ...

jopale

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI
Country flag
Hey everyone, new member here. Long time enthusiast. Been doing Bimmer for awhile but happy to be back in an Si. Couple of quick shots. Horrible park job...

So far car feels great! Really fun car. Higher final drive ratio adds a bit of response. Extra safety tech works when needed.. I don’t use much.

Overall, the 20 is a nice tight package but prior years just as nice IMO. Happy to be part of the club. Hope I can contribute to the community.

45EAB597-8C71-48B7-B20A-4715A03D1089.jpeg

FB8908F7-D579-4D55-8AAF-E8AA4B3563F4.jpeg
Man, that rear 3/4 view is :flame:

Edit: whereas I was ambivalent about the colored piece in the front and rear vent, turns out your pictures looks a lot better than the press release ones. Also, the wheels actually look really good!

410 Civic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Man, that rear 3/4 view is :flame:

Edit: whereas I was ambivalent about the colored piece in the front and rear vent, turns out your pictures looks a lot better than the press release ones. Also, the wheels actually look really good!
I was iffy about the photos too but after seeing some 2020s in person, the redesign, espicially with the new rims, looks great!

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was iffy about the photos too but after seeing some 2020s in person, the redesign, espicially with the new rims, looks great!
I think the new fake vents on the rear make the sedan look much better. That was the one thing I didn't like about the 17-19

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Fake pumped in exhaust is a total embarrassment from Honda. Only the young would appreciate the sacrilege. It's a total discrace. I am frankly more stunned to see how many folks actually fall into the ploy to get you and your money. It makes me think really hard about .. what the faulk is going on??? It's just an unspeakable disaster to the 12 th degree to suggest ... In stead of real metal material ... we will dick over these buyers with audio bull shit. The worst part is ... You are buying into the marketing scheme??? Please ...
If Honda was the first any only ones to do this I would agree. But "fake" "piped-in" sound through the stereo system has been done for several years now by many nice, sporty, and respected manufactures. Like BMW (M series), Audi, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Cadillac, Porsche Taycan, Acura, Ford Trucks, Toyota Avalon, Hyundai Veloster, Nissan 370Z, the C8 Corvette, and everybody's favorite VW here, the GTI.
Sponsored

Reactions: mjh