Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Just read the same article and noted, “Honda says a shorter final-drive ratio gives the Civic Si "improved acceleration feel," but otherwise, the car's mechanicals carry over unchanged.” Interesting
https://hondanews.com/honda-automob...aunching-with-styling-and-performance-updates

New this year is a 6-percent shorter final-drive ratio, giving the Civic Si improved acceleration feel.
Sounds good for fun. Bad for city driving. Bad for fuel economy.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Yep. Higher rpm's and noise at highway cruising speed and lower top speed in exchange for a bit more pep off the line.
Top speed was already electronically limited at 137. I'd expect the new model to be the same. It might even get there a little faster.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Top speed was already electronically limited at 137. I'd expect the new model to be the same. It might even get there a little faster.
Or, according to the article, we might just "feel" like we get there a little faster.
The red interior trim looks nice and sporty, though.

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Ohhhhh no. No no no no no no no no no.

Also new for the 2020 model year is Active Sound Control, which uses the audio system to enhance the engine sound during aggressive driving.

What have you done?
I literally just read this myself and instantly facepalmed.
Again, MY19 is perfect for me.

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
Ohhhhh no. No no no no no no no no no.

Also new for the 2020 model year is Active Sound Control, which uses the audio system to enhance the engine sound during aggressive driving.

What have you done?
Again Honda listen to their customers complaining how quiet the engine is and made a fix.
It’s just that this is not the right fix, those fake gimmicks using the audio system is not according to Honda DNA

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
If the new wheels are lighter too, those changes may contribute to improved acceleration... or just compensate for the added weight coming from the sensing system
How much lighter?

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're much better off modifying your current Si than to fall into a new one. Tootin' my own horn here a little, but after driving a stock Si on the weekend I realized how far mine has come and how much I love it now. Here's a copy and paste from my build thread, and I don't expect one to mimic everything but I've highlighted the 3 best modifications to date that have taken it from an economy car with sporty credentials to an eye-opening performer:

Engine: Hondata +9, Mishimoto Intake, Mishimoto Intercooler Kit w/Piping, Mishimoto Catch Can, 27Won Engine Mount, 27won Catted DP + FP, Magnaflow Catback
Transmission: Acuity Short Shifter, Acuity Cable Bushings, Acuity Pedal Spacer Bracket, Acuity Shift Boot Collar, Mishimoto Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
Chassis + Suspension: K-Tuned K1 Street Coilovers, K-Tuned Rear Camber Kit, Ultra Racing Strut Bar, Ultra Racing Trunk Brace, Type R Subframe Brace
Wheels and Tires: Konig Freeform 18x8.5 ET35, Continental ExtremeContact Sport 245/35ZR18, Muteki Steel Lug Nuts
Brakes: Front - Brembo 4-Piston Calipers from Hyundai Genesis Coupe, mated to Nissan Rogue with 3rd row seat Rotors (320x28mm), Brembo Pads, Dot4 Fluid, and Goodridge SS Lines. Rear - OE Rotors + Pads, Rear SS Lines
Exterior: CeramicPro Ceramic Coating (Silver 5-year Package), 15% Tint all around, Vinyl-wrapped Chrome Window Trim Bayson R Lip, HIC USA Rear Window Visor
Interior: Tuxmats All-weather mats Front + Rear, Custom Flat-Bottom All-Leather Steering Wheel, Trunk Sound Deadening
Lighting: SK LED's Interior + Trunk + Reverse LED Lights, Custom Side Marker Lights
Sponsored