Refreshed 2020 Civic Si

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Does anybody know how realistic it might be to retrofit the sound enhancer to 17-19 Si's? I don't know what is involved mechanically.
Being in my mid 50's ... I recall back in the early 1970's at a gas station looking to my left from the passenger seat and seeing a Dodge Daytona super bee ... I do for sure recall seeing the very very tall rear wing but what was really truly "special" was the SOUND of the exhaust and the fact that this eight cylinder engine was so powerful it (for real - I am NOT joking) rocked the car from left to right at idol. The long haired hippy kid took a glance at me and then gave it some gas .... my ears were hurting big time ... I have really good recall ... now ... for Honda to market "piped in audio into the speaker system motor sounds" ... no offense to anyone ... but ... this is way more than an embarrassment. I quite honestly am sick to my stomach over what we have become actually willing to lay down real green dollars for this. Now is this like a video kid thing? Maybe a take or spin on some sort of virtual reality??? Who else here would admit to actually wanting this? Help me understand! This is like saying to a boy ... "you run like a girl" ... it's hurtful to me.
Sponsored

Tags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi A3 Quattro, 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
Country flag
Being in my mid 50's ... I recall back in the early 1970's at a gas station looking to my left from the passenger seat and seeing a Dodge Daytona super bee ... I do for sure recall seeing the very very tall rear wing but what was really truly "special" was the SOUND of the exhaust and the fact that this eight cylinder engine was so powerful it (for real - I am NOT joking) rocked the car from left to right at idol. The long haired hippy kid took a glance at me and then gave it some gas .... my ears were hurting big time ... I have really good recall ... now ... for Honda to market "piped in audio into the speaker system motor sounds" ... no offense to anyone ... but ... this is way more than an embarrassment. I quite honestly am sick to my stomach over what we have become actually willing to lay down real green dollars for this. Now is this like a video kid thing? Maybe a take or spin on some sort of virtual reality??? Who else here would admit to actually wanting this? Help me understand! This is like saying to a boy ... "you run like a girl" ... it's hurtful to me.
Modern turbo motors have a lot of limitations in the sound dept. Sound enhancement -- whether mechanical or electronic or some combination -- can make up for some of that. If you prefer the agricultural intake note of the Si over the enhanced sound of, say, a GTI just because you think the latter is a "video kid thing," I don't know what to tell you. Just snobbishness imo.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
I'm not into the enhanced engine sounds, I don't care much about the slight cosmetic changes, and I'm not sure how I feel about the shorter final drive.

But otherwise, I like the changes. I wanted Sensing, the LED lights seem like a plus, and the black wheels would be great for me because I almost never wash my cars!

Ideally, I want something more luxurious than the Si, but otherwise it's just about perfect. I'll test the 2020 version this fall, for sure. Otherwise, I could just go with an Accord Sport 2.0T. It is fantastic, but I really don't want something that huge. And I'd probably have to spring for an 18" wheel package, because I think those 19"s might not work so well in the city. They ride pretty hard.
We are very close to the same boat. For me, the Civic infotainment has been the main thing holding me back. If the Civic Si had a better infotainment setup (like the Accord), I would have jumped ages ago. Like you, I like the Accord, but it's so much bigger than I need, and I think the low profile tires would get beat up on these Garden State roads.. Plus the times I test drove (several over the course of a year) it I just couldn't get comfortable in the Accord seats. Plus I'd rather spend 25K than 31K (duh).

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
The shorter gear change ... I am not a gear head ... Is this a physical modification to the hardware of the car? Or is this a tweak from the IT software department only???

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Would someone be able to photoshop the new images of the Red Si Coupe in Modern Steel or Aegean Blue? I'm seriously considering on holding off until the 2020's hit the lot but I'm curious how it'll look with the new wheels in the colors I'd consider.

CivicCoupe2.JPG

CivicCoupe.JPG
Sorry for the rush job. These photos weren't great source material, anyway.

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Si Xwq3Gc

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Si Gqui10

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Si cZqDyP

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Si QOCvyM

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Sorry for the rush job. These photos weren't great source material, anyway.

Xwq3Gc.png

Gqui10.png

cZqDyP.png

QOCvyM.png

I'm gonna try and grab a set. They look dope as hell on the blue as expected. Thanks for the photoshop!!

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Looks like i am not going to get that new hatch after all. I really like the changes.
After reviewing everything the refresh on both is really nice. It gives the cars the finishing touches they needed. By far the best bangs for your buck in the market. Especially the amount of tech in the 2020 Si.

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Country flag
Doesn't the Accord also play engine noise through the speakers? I drove one last year and thought I could hearing the engine note playing.

I know its on the TLX.

Last edited:

SiX

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Country flag
Couple of quick thoughts/questions on the 2020 Si
  1. Will the modified "shorter" final drive ratio reduce the torque? Consequently, how would those changes affect the performance/longevity of the clutch?
  2. Assuming this is similar to other models, the Honda Sensing shouldn't prevent the car from being 'tuned', however the mechanical changes should require new KTuner basemaps. Any idea on how long do those changes typically take to roll out?
  3. There are rumors of a new airbag being introduced into Honda cars during 2020 production, wondering if the Si comes with the upgrade...

Danimal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Couple of quick thoughts/questions on the 2020 Si
  1. Will the modified "shorter" final drive ratio reduce the torque? Consequently, how would those changes affect the performance/longevity of the clutch
The engine torque is unchanged, and I wouldn’t expect any impact on clutch holding capability or life for such a small change in final drive. The wheel torque would increase by a corresponding percentage to the final drive ratio increase which is called ‘torque multiplication’ if you’d like to read more on the googles.

Some folks will think I mean wheel torque seen on a chassis dyno. However, a chassis dyno detects the final drive ratio and divides the torque correspondingly to get engine torque.

Dan

bikebit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 White Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I wonder what it does to the resale value of the older ones. $700 increase is a steal for LEDs and full Honda Sensing suite, but with Si being a niche model in the lineup, how many buyers actually want the electronics?

bigdodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 18 / Civic Type R 19
Country flag
hate the new front fascia. way too complicated for the 10th gen civic on any trim.
it is great that honda listens to their customers, but they just tried too hard to accommodate customers. They should stick to their design.

like the volume knob and the AC buttons. yes ppl complained about it. but having used the 18 Si for about a year, i am so used to the auto AC and use the temp knob only. It will adjust air flow automatically. the 19 central dash just doesn't look as slick as 17 and 18.
I know people made jokes about the fake vents. However, when you think about the origami design philosophy, having contrasting lines does look good. The front fascia of 17 / 18 / 19 Si and HB/CTR is my favorite part of the civic. Very aggressive and stand out.