First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi all,

I have a CW 2019 Type R purchased in December. I noticed some rock damage on the front emblem and am wondering if anyone has experience with the dealer taking care of this under warranty. I know the grill needs to come off to replace the emblem and I don’t want to mess around myself with a quick fix if the dealer will cover the full repair. Has anyone had the same issue and got it fixed? I have the extended warranty on the car. Thanks for any help!

Honda Civic 10th gen Red Emblem damage under warranty? E6F2984A-797C-46E3-9A8E-2A58168D9D88
Sponsored

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
You can certainly try but warranty is for defect not road hazard.

OP
OP
DA1286

DA1286

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
You can certainly try but warranty is for defect not road hazard.
Yeah, I know it will be difficult, but I have seen people talking about Honda taking care of this. Looking to see if anyone on here has experience, even if they had to pay for the repair with Honda

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A dealership most likely won't warranty it. They warranty the emblem and next time you're in for your bumper rock chips. Just buy the emblem. My dealership chargers $50 for them.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Pretty much a road hazard thing, however, if you have any kind of a relationship with the service manager, after knowing you just plunked down, what, $35K for a new car? He could be "creative" and find the emblem "cosmetically flawed" and do it under warranty, I know for a fact they have the ability to make discretionary
decisions like that. Wouldn't cost them a dime and might get them a nice post on Facebook if you were so inclined, I'd also mention it to your salesperson. Cheap good advertising!

OP
OP
DA1286

DA1286

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
A dealership most likely won't warranty it. They warranty the emblem and next time you're in for your bumper rock chips. Just buy the emblem. My dealership chargers $50 for them.
Thanks for the knowledge guys.

NoKz, what do you mean they warranty the emblem? Do you mean they’ll do the repair if I buy it? I would not mind paying $50 for one if they will do the work to properly replace it for me.

Brand new car and I bought the extended warranty, which my dealer knows I do not usually do. Shame that this happened almost immediately.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
NoKz, what do you mean they warranty the emblem?
No, he's saying if the dealer warranties the emblem, then it opens the flood gates, can of worms, whatever metaphor you want to use in this situation, to a whole host of warranty claims for non-defect occurrences. For example, today emblem warranty claim, tomorrow bumper paint rock chip warranty claim, next week busted windshield warranty claim, next month blown tire warranty claim.

If you buy the emblem through the dealership, they'll be more than happy to install it for you...at whatever premium labor cost per hour that your stealership charges.

OP
OP
DA1286

DA1286

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
No, he's saying if the dealer warranties the emblem, then it opens the flood gates, can of worms, whatever metaphor you want to use in this situation, to a whole host of warranty claims for non-defect occurrences. For example, today emblem warranty claim, tomorrow bumper paint rock chip warranty claim, next week busted windshield warranty claim, next month blown tire warranty claim.

If you buy the emblem through the dealership, they'll be more than happy to install it for you...at whatever premium labor cost per hour that your stealership charges.

I see. Thanks everyone
Sponsored