Recommendations... Si brake pads

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you have an Si and have upgraded your brake pads what do you recommend? My plan is to do some road courses as well as auto cross. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Your choices are going to be very limited the Accord Sport 2016-2017 brakes work... but they don’t have the precision for the spring that the OEM Si has... you can currently find EBC pads that fit and will work with our calipers... but if you want a Pad that fits 100% like The OEM Si Pads do and with the spring holes in the pads then you will need to buy a pad for the 2016 Acura RDX base model... these pads are exactly the same and they have the spring precision like the OEM Si pads do:thumbsup:
But you will be even more limited to par selection ...
You basically have Power Stop z23’s and Hawk HPS 5.0’s and that’s it for now:hmm:

Last edited:

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm really thinking about just pulling the trigger on getting some custom pads cut. Need an option for the time being.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm really thinking about just pulling the trigger on getting some custom pads cut. Need an option for the time being.
What would that cost? I have Brembo's up front but would be interested in something for the rear. (sport hatch)

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What would that cost? I have Brembo's up front but would be interested in something for the rear. (sport hatch)
For the rear you can expect around $120 a set. I have had pretty good success with Cobalt and G-Loc

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
When I went to source my replacement front pads after destroying the stock ones, both autozone and O’reilly’s were showing the base civic pads for the Si. I thankfully remembered that the Accord Sport pads would fit, however I had no idea about them not having the spring precision you mentioned or that they are 2mm thinner than the stock pads.

What is spring precision anyways? Is it the rate it pushes back after hard braking?

And one more question if you would be able to answer it. I did slightly cut into the rotors, so if I wanted to replace those for some basic blank ones, do I have to worry that the auto parts stores will give me the wrong ones? Should I also ask for some 2016 RDX rotors so they correctly fit our brake system for now? What is the size of the OEM rotors on the Si’s anyways?

Thanks in advance, learning a lot here

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I went to source my replacement front pads after destroying the stock ones, both autozone and O’reilly’s were showing the base civic pads for the Si. I thankfully remembered that the Accord Sport pads would fit, however I had no idea about them not having the spring precision you mentioned or that they are 2mm thinner than the stock pads.

And one more question if you would be able to answer it. I did slightly cut into the rotors, so if I wanted to replace those for some basic blank ones, do I have to worry that the auto parts stores will give me the wrong ones? Should I also ask for some 2016 RDX rotors so they correctly fit our brake system for now? What is the size of the OEM rotors on the Si’s anyways?

Thanks in advance, learning a lot here
Straight up whenever I need OEM Honda parts for whatever we are doing I just go straight to Honda. Trying to work with parts stores for relatively new cars is a nightmare.
OEM SI rotors are 310x25

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Straight up whenever I need OEM Honda parts for whatever we are doing I just go straight to Honda. Trying to work with parts stores for relatively new cars is a nightmare.
OEM SI rotors are 310x25
If you can make a kit for the front and rear. Pads/ rotors. Count me as a customer!

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you can make a kit for the front and rear. Pads/ rotors. Count me as a customer!
I may or may not be working on something. Just saying.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just confirmed that G-LOC does have a solution for the SI. I will get you guys part numbers in the next few days for those interested.

Threesixm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Can confirm fitment of Hawk 5.0 Front brake pads (HB875B.666), and Stoptech Slotted rotors (126.40094SL) (126.40094SR) fit. They were pretty awesome at the track (Buttonwillow) last Saturday. Used the info provided by JDM to search for pads as the OEM part numbers are the same. Referenced the front rotors OEM part number and found that the 2017 ILX rotors are the same and search for rotors that way. CARID did lost the Si replacements and confirmed part numbers with ILX and indeed the same. Hope this helps some people!

Honda Civic 10th gen Recommendations... Si brake pads 20180302_184723

Honda Civic 10th gen Recommendations... Si brake pads QAxFNEd

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Can confirm fitment of Hawk 5.0 Front brake pads (HB875B.666), and Stoptech Slotted rotors (126.40094SL) (126.40094SR) fit. They were pretty awesome at the track (Buttonwillow) last Saturday. Used the info provided by JDM to search for pads as the OEM part numbers are the same. Referenced the front rotors OEM part number and found that the 2017 ILX rotors are the same and search for rotors that way. CARID did lost the Si replacements and confirmed part numbers with ILX and indeed the same. Hope this helps some people!

20180302_184723.jpg

QAxFNEd.jpg
Glad I could help you out :thumbsup:....

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Just confirmed that G-LOC does have a solution for the SI. I will get you guys part numbers in the next few days for those interested.
Very interested. Front and rear?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

20180302_184723.jpg

QAxFNEd.jpg
Front/ rear kit or just front? Looks nice tho!
Sponsored