Recalls on the CR-V 1.5L Turbocharged Should be coming in November..Should civic owners be worried?

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
We should be worried if honda decide to not do anything for the 1.5t civic...

jdm_94

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R & 14 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They are different engines so Civics wont be affected!

jdm_94

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R & 14 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Why does this same type of post pop up monthly?!?! Can we get a sticky or something?
Because this is the first time it references USDM vehicles being affected. Before it was just speculation, but here we have evidence of stateside issues.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Because this is the first time it references USDM vehicles being affected. Before it was just speculation, but here we have evidence of stateside issues.
The CRV - yes, and perhaps this would be relevant to CRV owners. But there is nothing on the Civic presently affected for the USDM, at least as recognized by Honda. There are numerous oil threads, and many owners submitting oil analysis results with various driving styles and oil variants used.

I have a few friends and family members with 10th gen civics, 2 hatchback sports, 2 Si's, one CTR. I'm not aware of any of them having issues from fuel dilution. How many Civic owners are you aware of? How many of them have been affected?

averagetrackdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
Country flag
The CRV - yes, and perhaps this would be relevant to CRV owners. But there is nothing on the Civic presently affected for the USDM, at least as recognized by Honda. There are numerous oil threads, and many owners submitting oil analysis results with various driving styles and oil variants used.

I have a few friends and family members with 10th gen civics, 2 hatchback sports, 2 Si's, one CTR. I'm not aware of any of them having issues from fuel dilution. How many Civic owners are you aware of? How many of them have been affected?
Well, the recall wouldn't include the CTR, since it has the K20C1, not the L15B7. I realize everyone is stating that the problem is with the CRV, but the version of the L15B7 in the Civic is not that drastically different from the one in the CRV. Personally, I know of 4 guys (3 Si's and one hatchback) who are having the oil dilution problem. The only difference between them is the percentage of water contamination in their engine oil.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Well, the recall wouldn't include the CTR, since it has the K20C1, not the L15B7. I realize everyone is stating that the problem is with the CRV, but the version of the L15B7 in the Civic is not that drastically different from the one in the CRV. Personally, I know of 4 guys (3 Si's and one hatchback) who are having the oil dilution problem. The only difference between them is the percentage of water contamination in their engine oil.
What is the percentage of fuel dilution in their oil? Are they having oil analysis performed?
Sponsored

Attachments