First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Am I alone on this? My rear view camera is very blurry. I've wiped it clean and it still is very blurry. I've had many Hondas before and never had this issue.

Here is a pic for reference. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

Edit: nevermind apparently this normal for Hondas...just don't remember my 2015 so being like this.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear view camera blurry 20180106_103710
Sponsored

Last edited:

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
I thought the same thing..camera is horrible.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Am I alone on this? My rear view camera is very blurry. I've wiped it clean and it still is very blurry. I've had many Hondas before and never had this issue.

Here is a pic for reference. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

Edit: nevermind apparently this normal for Hondas...just don't remember my 2015 so being like this.

20180106_103710.jpg
They're definitely lower res than most of us would like. It could be the zoomed in pic but yours almost looks like it's unfocused? Hard to tell but if so it may be worth a call to your dealer.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They're definitely lower res than most of us would like. It could be the zoomed in pic but yours almost looks like it's unfocused? Hard to tell but if so it may be worth a call to your dealer.
Not zoomed in on this pic. I just put the camera up to the screen and took the shot. If you look at the selection for the camera view you can see those selections are clearer.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not zoomed in on this pic. I just put the camera up to the screen and took the shot. If you look at the selection for the camera view you can see those selections are clearer.
Gotcha. This is my first Honda but from what I've heard/seen here the previous gen's camera was better. Just cost cutting for this gen it seems.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Yes, higher resolution would have been better.

But then again, we shouldn't lose focus (lame pun intended) on the fact that it's a rear view camera. You aren't trying to record a YouTube HD video or anything; you could see if anything is in the way.

I would love a 360 camera view, however.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, higher resolution would have been better.

But then again, we shouldn't lose focus (lame pun intended) on the fact that it's a rear view camera. You aren't trying to record a YouTube HD video or anything; you could see if anything is in the way.

I would love a 360 camera view, however.
True; but at the same, other manufacturers (at least Dodge, BMW, MB that I've seen recently) incorporate much clearer, smoother cameras.

No one's asking for 4K but for a product made post-2010 it could be much better.

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
...just don't remember my 2015 so being like this.

20180106_103710.jpg
I had a 15 Si and I definitely remember the camera being much better.. I agree the quality is disappointing, but like others said, oh well.. not what I bought the car for

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a 15 Si and I definitely remember the camera being much better.. I agree the quality is disappointing, but like others said, oh well.. not what I bought the car for
Cool I just wanted to make sure something wasn't wrong with mine. I'll live

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
I had to replace the rear camera which was back ordered on my 17 RDX.
Cousin owns a body shop so no problem...but I was surprised that the camera arrived over Xmas last week and came in a Honda parts box. Same dang camera!

Yes, the camera can be better and this cost savings extends into the newer Acura lineup.
As an aside I installed audible rear sensors and they truly are amazing when backing up in close quarters, especially some newer parking spots designed to minimum sized standards.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I am waiting for a resourceful Civicx.com'er to retrofit a 1080p camera into our backup camera housing, plug and play.

Any volunteers?

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
True; but at the same, other manufacturers (at least Dodge, BMW, MB that I've seen recently) incorporate much clearer, smoother cameras.

No one's asking for 4K but for a product made post-2010 it could be much better.
Ford cameras in my experience are really good too. Even my Golf R rear view camera is a noticeable decline from the one on my Focus ST.

fk8jon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
yup, I noticed this when I drove mine, I thought it was because the lense was dirty but it wasn't... I don't have this issue with my tacoma
Sponsored