First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey there, curious if anyone knows of any rear under-body trays or covers to smooth out air flow behind the factory ones? So basically the whole exhaust section is what I'm looking to cover up because it looks like a huge parachute catching a lot of air up inside. That being said, realistically that would increase exhaust temps at the mufflers correct?
Sponsored

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Not sure how much those add on diffusers cover, plus if it’s deigned wrong, you might end up scooping more air into that pocket than keeping air out. And yes, it might affect your exhaust temps, even radiated heat into the cargo/trunk area.

What you might consider is cuttIng out the fake vents in the rear bumper. How much or how little depends on your needs (and patience). I’ve seen someone do it, but keep in mind, cut out too much and you might expose the structural bumper behind the bumper skin.

Lunarsilver17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
The type-R has underbody panels on the rear behind the rear wheels (possibly part of the fender lining). I'm trying to figure if they can be modded to fit the si coupe, because if change to aftermarket exhaust on the si, there is a huge air gap.
Sponsored

Last edited: