Rear suspension creaking

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Does anybody know where the lubrication points in the rear suspension are. It creaks quite a bit when going over small bumps slow almost like a door hinge without oil. I'd appreciate if somebody could help me find a DOC or pdf so i can to do this myself. Thank you
Sometimes taking it to the dealer for these things isn't worth it it look at you like what are you complaining about now that's what it seems like when I go to the Honda dealer. I don't think anybody should put up with an excessively noisy car especially when it's brand new.
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

PNWPMM86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Suspecting I have the same issue too. However this is not the clicking sound kshawn linked to.

You Learn anything more? I am going to the dealer, they worked on in, replaced a strut, noise is back after 5 days. It was replaced by them, Im happy to keep working with them, just need to figure out how this is happening.

Chris823

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic, 2007 civic.
Vehicle Showcase
Suspecting I have the same issue too. However this is not the clicking sound kshawn linked to.

You Learn anything more? I am going to the dealer, they worked on in, replaced a strut, noise is back after 5 days. It was replaced by them, Im happy to keep working with them, just need to figure out how this is happening.
Dead thread but I'm getting the same noise when people sit the the rear seats. I was able to figure out that one noise is a bushing and the other is the boot on the shock. Was told they would wear in eventually.

quadna71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring sedan
Country flag
Dead thread but I'm getting the same noise when people sit the the rear seats. I was able to figure out that one noise is a bushing and the other is the boot on the shock. Was told they would wear in eventually.
Same here. Anytime we have people riding in the back seat it creaks. First time it happened I pulled over because I thought I had something caught up in the rear driver's side tire well. Like maybe the liner had dropped down or something. Found nothing visibly wrong and ended up driving all day with no ill effects other than the sound. We also get it when backing into our driveway at a slight angle. We have rollover curbs and if I nudge up over it with that rear driver's side wheel first it creaks all the way up it as the suspension is compressed.

So the boot could be it? I wonder if spraying a shot of lithium spray up under the boot would help? Do you know which bushing it could be? Forgot to add that we have 31K miles on it and it's just under a year old.

Chris823

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic, 2007 civic.
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. Anytime we have people riding in the back seat it creaks. First time it happened I pulled over because I thought I had something caught up in the rear driver's side tire well. Like maybe the liner had dropped down or something. Found nothing visibly wrong and ended up driving all day with no ill effects other than the sound. We also get it when backing into our driveway at a slight angle. We have rollover curbs and if I nudge up over it with that rear driver's side wheel first it creaks all the way up it as the suspension is compressed.

So the boot could be it? I wonder if spraying a shot of lithium spray up under the boot would help? Do you know which bushing it could be? Forgot to add that we have 31K miles on it and it's just under a year old.
Mine creaked from the factory, I could also be the seat of the springs creaking, I switched the coilovers and the noise stopped. 1-9k miles it creaked. Lithium did not help at all.

quadna71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring sedan
Country flag
Might be tough for me to find by myself. It's hard to compress anything when working on it in the garage. I pulled the wheel off and looked around but everything looks correct and nothing looks like it might binding. Maybe I'll check the torque on everything the next time I rotate the tires and see if that helps. I may also mention it to the dealer when it goes in for the next service - maybe they've seen it before and know where it's coming from.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic 1.8S
Country flag
Any update? I having the same issue too when going over small bump. I'm taking my car to the dealer next week, hope they can fix it by retorque the whole rear suspension.
Sponsored