Rear Suspension Clunking

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
Honda is really crossing their fingers until the spring starts coming. The issue will go away with the temperature rising... until next winter...
Sponsored

brianhen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So I wanted to update my situation with the civic..... I'm am so happy to say I will no longer own the hunk of junk after tomorrow. Honda Canada would do nothing if I did not get another Honda.... So I am taking possession tomorrow of a 2018 Honda accord sport 2.0t. 10Speed Very nice car. Not what I wanted to be honest, but another year of driving the civic... NO WAY!! ! In the end I'm out of the civic at no cost to me.... But really the customer service from Honda Canada sucks ass in a gigantic way. My wife called to speak to someone above Joel Bosse who is an asshole by the way! Their reply. . That ain't happening and hung up on her

brianhen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
With regard to the civic.... There still is no fix and that's direct from Honda Canada. I would suggest that they are not going to fix as their last comments to me. .. It's not an issue it's just a cold weather nuisance... Wow!!!! Never the less everybody I wish you luck and if anyone wants any info feel free to PM me.... I do still have the email from Bosse that does acknowledge there is an issue with the civic.... And no current corrective measure. ..

NightStalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I hope marketplace or some other media outlets can take a hold of this and run a story.

Though I feel like it isn't dramatic enough for them to do it.

CTRx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
That is horrible, sounds like a common issue for anyone driving in any cold regions!!

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
With regard to the civic.... There still is no fix and that's direct from Honda Canada. I would suggest that they are not going to fix as their last comments to me. .. It's not an issue it's just a cold weather nuisance... Wow!!!! Never the less everybody I wish you luck and if anyone wants any info feel free to PM me.... I do still have the email from Bosse that does acknowledge there is an issue with the civic.... And no current corrective measure. ..
That’s what îm affraid of...
Without the complaints that became huge in the « Twitter » in china, honda would never act on the fuel dilution issue. I’m feeling that it will be the same with the suspension, unless they start to have enough bad publicity, they won’t do anything.

You know what, considering the level of expertise of honda engineers, i’m pretty sure they have the solution for the issue but upper mgnt team refuse to release the campaign because of the cost...

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
So would this clunk be an issue on the 2019 Si? I may be getting one in a few months. I live in Ohio so it will be exposed to cold weather. Is this an issue with the CTR also?

civictrooper

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did they find a US bulletin?

I also have the same noise in cold weather and over bumps

Did you have to bring it in to verify noise? Or did they order you parts?

Do those part numbers apply to mine? I live in the US, Connecticut

I called and set up an appointment and made sure the parts department ordered those parts.
Let me know I live in ct too but it’s not my rear it’s my front driver side brought it in but couldn’t replicate the noise they looked at me like I was crazy smh

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
So would this clunk be an issue on the 2019 Si? I may be getting one in a few months. I live in Ohio so it will be exposed to cold weather. Is this an issue with the CTR also?
Yupp! I picked up a 2019 a few weeks ago and it was doing it with under 100 miles on it! Only when the temps are really cold though, like single digits.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Does it concern you at all?
Yupp! I picked up a 2019 a few weeks ago and it was doing it with under 100 miles on it! Only when the temps are really cold though, like single digits.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is cold weather:rofl: sorry guys i live in South Florida. Have to mess with y’all. My Si is a snow bird. Built in Canada.