JN259

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 3 series soon to be replaced
Country flag
I notice a slight clunk occasionally when starting moving but only once in a while so I can’t determine the source, but it doesn’t matter about bumps
Sponsored

JN259

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 3 series soon to be replaced
Country flag
I first heard the noise the third day I had the car ......immediately googled it and found this forum. been a nightmare ever since. My question is, what is my recourse with a lease car. I'm paying for this POS and its not safe to drive and Honda knows it!
I’d try to lemon the car

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Don’t think Canada has a lemon law...yup Canada:nono:

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah we don't have lemon laws up here in Canada.
I only got the top mounts replaced as my struts were fine.
Does anyone else have leaking struts though?

deathjam4

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actualy there is lemon law up in canada its just different on how you go about it is all. And i had my rear strut replaced from brand new and after a rear impact both my front shocks clunk over bumps. been trying to get them to fix it but my honda dealer does not admit there is anything wrong even tho my cars wheel drives to the left.. go figure. Most of my issue is with the sway bar links and sway bar bushings and the shocks have an internal leak i can tell cause every time i jack the car up car drives likea dream then 3 hrs later of siting or driving the car clunks like a mofo again. first started to notice this with the fact my passenger side front could not even fit a hoist arm under it or even a proper jack for that point.

brianhen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So an update, my car is at the dealer again for Struts and Mounts, been there since last Thursday, its now Monday and the service advisor called to tell me that Honda Canada has come out with a service bulletin regarding the rear suspension, she asked when did I want to bring my car in to get it fixed....to which I responded why don't you call me when it is fixed as its already there. I know that was being snotty but really, my cars been there for 5 days now and they don't know it......Never the less, I'm kinda hoping this fixes the problem. I say kinda, cause if not I'm done with it and have already looked at a 2019 VW Golf GTI. Very Nice Car! I'll keep this thread updated if the new fix actually works.

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So an update, my car is at the dealer again for Struts and Mounts, been there since last Thursday, its now Monday and the service advisor called to tell me that Honda Canada has come out with a service bulletin regarding the rear suspension, she asked when did I want to bring my car in to get it fixed....to which I responded why don't you call me when it is fixed as its already there. I know that was being snotty but really, my cars been there for 5 days now and they don't know it......Never the less, I'm kinda hoping this fixes the problem. I say kinda, cause if not I'm done with it and have already looked at a 2019 VW Golf GTI. Very Nice Car! I'll keep this thread updated if the new fix actually works.
If you get a copy of the TSB or any other information related to it, post it up for us plz.

brianhen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So I guess the service advisor was not really paying attention as usual. The service bulletin that came out has nothing to do with the rear suspension it was with regard to the ECM and the diluting of engine oil with fuel. The rear struts and mounts have been replaced with the same parts that was just installed 2 weeks ago. So I guess these should last another two weeks..... Sounds reasonable to me.

deathjam4

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’d try to lemon the car
Just so you know in canada Ontario they have a system called OMVIC you can file a complaint here for your vehicle. I did that today for my civic due to the dealer refusing to admit thier is anything wrong with my car. thier is a simalure process in all the other provinces i believe. once OMVIC *Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council* gets involved depending on how far the dealer wishes to go it can result in the lose of the lmerchant license of the dealership. meaning they can be put out of business for failing to comply to your rights as a consumer. you have rights and if you know them you are powerful.

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
I live in canada where it gets very cold on winter
Last year i got the bulletin done for the problem, it works for the whole winter.
Now with the freezing temperatures back, the clunking sound is back
I mentioned it to the advisor who said that honda is apparently working on something else to fix it but can’t do anything for the moment.

I guess the civic don’t like northern temperature

brianhen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Well here we go again with the never ending saga of strut problems, I got the car back from Honda Friday afternoon. It was relatively mild by Winnipeg standards -4 or so, all was good with the car. by Wednesday, not even 5 full days later the rear struts are clunking as bad if not worse than ever. So I call the General Manager of the dealership also call the service manager and the sales manager and leave messages with all. Its now Friday and I have still not received a call back from anyone. Also I called Honda Canada and was told that I must deal with the dealership with regard to the lease?????? I'm pretty sure the lease is held by Honda Canada and not Waverly Crown Honda. Never the less Monday I am off for a few days and my first stop is going to be Honda. My plan is that the car is gonna be returned and I'm done with it! Friday to Wednesday for new struts and mounts to last is not acceptable.

deathjam4

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
as much as i enjoy driving a Honda I am kinda disappointed in my self for getting one :p its pretty bad when you literally have to replace half the car to make it a good car. I can't do a decent right turn in my car it slides side ways for most of the right turn. my left turns are perfectly fine .. Recently i found the bushings in the front sway bar to be bad and so is my sway bar links but they keep telling me nope they are fine. I have gotten to the point where I am waiting for it to fully fail and get me into an accident so i can sue Honda Canada for negligence..

brianhen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So I met with the store manager today and they called Honda Canada. .. Waiting for a reply... Was told that I in all likelihood would have to pay a penalty to get out of the lease. Wow car is a lemon but I have to pay.... I don't think that's how it should go.. . But time will tell....

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My brakes are squeaking after this -20 weekend here in Toronto and suspension when I go over a speed bump in a shopping centre. I called my advisor since I’m getting the oil recall done tomorrow. He said same thing, these cars don’t like cold weather. He said they will look at the brakes and suspension.

deathjam4

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if your in ontario call or email omvic they will help you
Sponsored