Rear Motor Mount

k33pup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If it works well and avoids all the vibration that comes with most of the others on the market, then I wouldn't care about the sub $100 price tag. I assume you've switched yours out at some point, how long did it take you, fairly easy install?
Did you ever get the Hardrace mount? Interested to find out if it's any good.
Sponsored

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Guys. Keep in mind this to avoid broken hearts with firmer motor mounts.

If is harder than the OEM it will increase vibrations on your car. The link provided doesn't even imply that will not do.
The best option so far for those that don't want increased vibrations is to stay with the OEM mounts. Otherwise be willing to trade off comfort.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It's a slight upgrade over the Si one... the rubber is firmer than the standard Si one... I'll have a picture to compare them side to side here in a few days... it's a visually noticeable difference between the two mounts:coffee:
Pics? Part number?

Also in for feedback on the Hardrace mount. Hardened rubber will definitely be more dailyable than poly. Price doesn't seem bad at around ~$120.

Edit: Type-R mount part number: 50890-TGH-A01

Also right at $120. Hmmm. https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~torquerod~lower~50890-tgh-a01.html Based on the image (not sure how accurate it is), it doesn't appear to be made entirely of rubber like the OEM and Hardrace, but instead with a metal body and what I would assume to be rubber bushings on both ends.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have a few pictures I can post up later of the type-r Rear mount:thumbsup:

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I emailed Hardrace to see if they have anything to say about how their mount compares to OEM with regards to rubber stiffness and increased cabin NVH. I'll update here if they email me back, but I'm also interested in this as well as the Hasport is pretty jarring for regular stop and go.

k33pup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
^Interested as well!
I went ahead and bought it, because the vibration from the Hasport 62A was unbearable for my daily. Especially with the FX350.

The hardrace is definately more tolerable for daily use with very subtle vibrations. but I have not tested on track yet. I've only launched twice since installed, and it does feel better than the stick RMM, and hard accelerations are also better.

Also note that the frame is not metal - material is PA66-GF50. Not sure how well it will hold up over time, but for now, it's perfect for my use.

farqt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si
Country flag
if you want a mild increase in torque damping, wait for energy suspension to come out with inserts. they will be extremely cheap and removable if you don't like them.

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hardrace got back to me pretty quick through email and have this to say about it:

"The durometer of the 8722 mount will be comparable to a 65a on the durometer scale, while most factory mounts are closer to a 50-55a so they are a bit stiffer. There will likely be more vibration with this mount than an OEM mount but from what we have seen nowhere near as much as say a solid polyurethane engine mount."

That said, I'm going to try it out as well coming soon. Though the rubber is harder than the 62a hasport on the durometer scale, it's a different material so the vibrations should indeed be less.

farqt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si
Country flag
Also, pa66-gf60 is a polyamide nylon composite with 50% glass fiber. This material must be injection molded at very high pressure but has the benefit of having good shear strength, very high modulus of elasticity.

Basically, it may not last quite as long as the serious chunk of billet alloy used in other mounts, but it is an excellent metal replacement composite; assuming it has been molded properly, it should last longer than the engine.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
This has been very interesting and informative. When @lurker_j shared that the Hardrace mount is about 65a in stiffness, I was surprised. It made me immediately think that it would be stiffer than something like a Hasport 62a, which technically, it is, but since the hardened rubber is not "housed" in an aluminium body like the Hasport is, it should result in less NVH, while still offering similar control of the engine/transmission. I wonder if the Type-R mount is housed in aluminum/steel. Thanks for sharing that information @farqt.

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can the cusco rear motor mount for the FK8 fit the civic si?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag