Rear Motor Mount

4drsiblue

First Name
Itz_knt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Would this help to reduce the bouncing effect that I get when letting off the throttle abruptly in low gear? With the KTuner rev hang delete enabled, the threshold for going from part throttle to no throttle can be somewhat abrupt and jarring, and often results in the car bouncing forward and back gently a few times (even when I attempt to transition off gradually).
Depends on your clutch too. I’ve had different stages of clutch and mounts stiffness and I can tell you one thing after it’s broken in it’s not so bad. 62a to me is to soft to handle anything and 70a is just right there. I think boombaracing is at the sweet spot at 80 durometer bushing. With hasport your either 70 or 88.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AsianGuy98

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Anyone know the oem part number for the rear motor mount? Or know how much it ism

brianathasport

Hasport Dude
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R, 88 CRX, 94 Civic Hatch, 04 RSX, 06 Ridgeline, 11 CRZ, multiple Insights
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on your clutch too. I’ve had different stages of clutch and mounts stiffness and I can tell you one thing after it’s broken in it’s not so bad. 62a to me is to soft to handle anything and 70a is just right there. I think boombaracing is at the sweet spot at 80 durometer bushing. With hasport your either 70 or 88.
Or now 82A with the new "Bulletproof" urethane. And for the record, the 62 is significantly stiffer than stock, so 70 is even more. You can launch on slicks on the 70.

4drsiblue

First Name
Itz_knt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Or now 82A with the new "Bulletproof" urethane. And for the record, the 62 is significantly stiffer than stock, so 70 is even more. You can launch on slicks on the 70.
What do you think Brian should we get the new 62 replacement mounts or the new 82? I don’t know much about the Kevlar mounts but I heard great things. This is for basic bolts and some weekly drag racing.

brianathasport

Hasport Dude
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R, 88 CRX, 94 Civic Hatch, 04 RSX, 06 Ridgeline, 11 CRZ, multiple Insights
Vehicle Showcase
What do you think Brian should we get the new 62 replacement mounts or the new 82? I don’t know much about the Kevlar mounts but I heard great things. This is for basic bolts and some weekly drag racing.
I'd recommend 62 BULETPROOF™. That seemed to help my Type R. It had a healthy clunk autocrossing on the stock mount.

Moab23

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
Will changing out this engine mount require an alignment?

J_Lowe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Civic Si Sedan (Totaled), 1998 Honda Prelude
Country flag
Mine will be a daily and occasional track. You think 62a will be fine? I’ll have the PRL inter cooler, CAI, K Tuner and better tires.

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
FYI: for two Civics, a 2013 Si and a 2015 Si, I went to the dealership and bought upper and lower/rear engine mounts for well under $100 and then filled them with my preference of polyurethane filler. Then, I swap them out. This provides about 90% of the rigidity of the racing mounts with 90% of the comfort of the factory mounts and ridiculous longevity. 30K miles of aggressive street driving, street racing and some autocross on the 2013 Si and another 40K on the 2015 Si. I just moved to a 2019 Type R and the 2015 Si is currently my wife's daily driver and the mounts are as good today as the day I swapped them into the car. My wife hated even the softest Hasport mounts (tried them in the 2013), but drives with the modded mounts every day.

Please note that I'm not recommending this for an actual track car or strip car. However, for high-performance street applications where you live with the vehicle everyday, for years, I cannot recommend this highly enough. I'm currently looking for the pair of OEM mounts for the Type R to do the same thing.
Sponsored